7O's Television

Mach 1

No one has mentioned Saturday Night Live??????  Or Monday Night Football???

And  the fact that there were really only three channels - ABC, NBC and ABC to produce all  this.

Also Fantasy Island provided a nice place for actors to land if a series was cancelled.

Edited by AUinHsv

7 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

Have to add Columbo to make it correct. Four series and each was shown once a month

1 minute ago, AUinHsv said:

No one has mentioned Saturday Night Live??????  Or Monday Night Football???

And  the fact that there were really only three channels - ABC, NBC and ABC to produce all  this.

Also Fantasy Island provided a nice place for actors to land if a series was cancelled.

MNF has been mentioned and video clips provided.  Do try to keep up.  But no SNL as I can tell, so redemption is at hand....

44 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Don’t forget the Gong Show.  I think Chuck Barris was probably coked out of his mind during most those shows.  His joy and celebration of Gene, Gene, the Dancing Machine still makes me chuckle to this day.  

Dude was part timing for the CIA as an assassin.. truth....... nothing but.

I'm not sure how we got to page 3 of this thread without this, but we appear to have.  And with a theme song only one spot behind Sanford and Son in my book.

Oh, and the Jeffersons, All in the Family, Diff'rent Strokes, and the Dukes of Hazzard weren't bad either.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

Regarding Rockford, I remember a scene where somome asks him for directions and as Rockford points out with his arm, the guy asking for directions grabs Rockford’s watch and takes off running.  Not sure why that has stuck with me all these years, just cracks me up.  

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Karen Valentine, mmmmmmm

Also loved ASJ, but couldn't find a good intro for it.

Alias_smith_and_jones.jpg

I always wondered if room 222 was a spinoff from to Sir with love and one of those guys Smith or Jones committed suicidedI always wondered if room 222 was a spinoff from to Sir with love and one of those guys Smith or Jones committed suicide

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I always wondered if room 222 was a spinoff from to Sir with love and one of those guys Smith or Jones committed suicidedI always wondered if room 222 was a spinoff from to Sir with love and one of those guys Smith or Jones committed suicide

It was "Smith," which in the show was the alias for Hannibal Hayes, played by Peter Duel, which was the screen name for Peter Deuel. Headshot with a .38.

https://findadeath.com/directory/d/Pete_Duel/index.html

2 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

It was "Smith," which in the show was the alias for Hannibal Hayes, played by Peter Duel, which was the screen name for Peter Deuel. Headshot with a .38.

https://findadeath.com/directory/d/Pete_Duel/index.html

I never knew that was how he died until last night when I was looking for an ASJ video to post. Injured 2 people in a DUI and killed himself from guilt. 

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

I never knew that was how he died until last night when I was looking for an ASJ video to post. Injured 2 people in a DUI and killed himself from guilt. 

I didn't know that was why he did it.  The guy had a conscience and some serious guilt for sure.

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

List of 70s Made for TV Movies: 

https://www.superseventies.com/made-for-tv_movies.html

Unless I’m blind, didn’t see Death Be Not Proud listed, one of my favorites and still sticks with me today.  Death to Richie, Gargoyles, Born Innocent, Dont be afraid of the Dark are just a few I remember as well.  

Don't be afraid of the dark, Kim Darby and a house with little evil monsters in the walls, always whispering to her ?  That scared the shit out of me as a kid.  A remake was done not too long ago I thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Don't be afraid of the dark, Kim Darby and a house with little evil monsters in the walls, always whispering to her ?  That scared the shit out of me as a kid.  A remake was done not too long ago I thought.

Same. 

I forget sometimes that Brian’s Song was TV movie. 

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Any thoughts on Barney Miller? I caught a few minutes of it recently, and liked what I saw. 

It's greatness, unlike Nick's coffee.

8 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

Snakes on a plane?  Pffft.  Snakes on a sub, now that's something.

David Janssen did some really good TV movies. 2 of them on 2 different networks in '73.

I used to own a '74 Freightliner like the one in Hijack except mine had a Cummins 350 and a shorter frame.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1