Game 28: Texas at Baylor, ESPN2, 8 PM

Machinator

20 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

BU -3.  135 total.  My math says then "they" have it at 69-66.

I'm not optimistic this team will score 66.  I'm not optimistic we keep them at 69.

I guess I'm just not optimistic about this team.

kenpom has it 68-66. If that's the final score at the end then i'm certain that we were down 14 with 10 minutes to go, got to within two, had 6 seconds on the clock, and then watched as Coleman lollygagged up the court and got his floater/fade-away three pointer blocked as time expired. I've seen that movie enough times to know how it ends.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

kenpom has it 68-66. If that's the final score at the end then i'm certain that we were down 14 with 10 minutes to go, got to within two, had 6 seconds on the clock, and then watched as Coleman lollygagged up the court and got his floater/fade-away three pointer blocked as time expired. I've seen that movie enough times to know how it ends.

Does KenPom account for Roach's absence?

This is Texas' only chance to win a remaining game on the road, so they better bring their speed and for once, be focused in a road environment.  And if there is a last shot opportunity put the ball in Ramey's hands.  

They ain't winning in Lubbock and conference tournament will be a neutral game. 

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

lollygaggers2_jpg-magnum.jpg

Edited by Nolacycling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

It's a trap. Baylor couldn't match UT's speed in Austin. I'm not sure if just Roach being out is enough of a difference .

Roach accounted for 21 points the first time, I'm not sure where those points are going to come from. And if DO is out? He could beast a little bit on the smaller Baylor lineup, not sure who can fill the shoes.

12 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

lmao, i thought all the wheels had already fallen off, i guess the fifth wheel just fell off the bumper too. jesus. 

jesus took the wheel when roach was out. 

now with O out, it's clear jesus drove straight into a tree. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Holy fuck, shakas record is 65-62!!!!!!???????

Not counting 2016 when the team was all Rick Barnes' players, Shaka is 19-31 in conference play. So he replaced a bunch of low 3* and a couple low 4* players with three straight top 8 nationally ranked classes and has proceeded to go 12 games below .500 with all that talent. It's amazing.