Wingstop?

Baboontyme

They opened one near me. I'm sure it's not great but I've never been and was thinking about taking my 9 year old after school tomorrow b/c he loves wings. But he only likes standard, non-breaded type of wings with hot sauce. No boneless, or bone in breaded, etc. Is it shit? How does it compare to say BWW? 

Buffalo Wild Wings can burn down for all I care.  I will never eat at that overpriced shithole again.  It's the Applebees of wing joints.  Not a huge fan of Wing Stop either, but agree the fries are good.

I've found my favorite in DFW- Wing Daddy's at Parker & Independence in Plano.  Cool neighborhood bar atmosphere. The have another location in Little Elm, one in Austin, then a bunch in SA and El Paso.  

http://wingdaddys.com/    

• Like 1

I never really liked them but had them a few weeks ago and they were pretty good. Way better that BWW. 

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

Buffalo Wild Wings can burn down for all I care.  I will never eat at that overpriced shithole again.  It's the Applebees of wing joints.  Not a huge fan of Wing Stop either, but agree the fries are good.

I've found my favorite in DFW- Wing Daddy's at Parker & Independence in Plano.  Cool neighborhood bar atmosphere. The have another location in Little Elm, one in Austin, then a bunch in SA and El Paso.  

Have you tried wing bucket? I like it alot. NE corner of Beltline and Coit

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I ate so much fucking wing stop in college. 

2nd that their fires are like crack, esp with ranch. 

Hickory BBQ, Original Hot and Mango Habanero were my go tos. 

I didn't care much for ranch until Wingstop as its easily the best i have ever had, and agreed on the fries. When I lived in Flower Mound the one by my house had sliders that were really good as well. They don't have them in Boise however. 

14 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

We went today instead because you fuckers got me hungry. Half cajun, half original hot. Very good. Not very spicy. Seasoned fries were very good also. We will go back. Absolutely better than BWW. 

5 atomic 5 cajun 5 garlic parm or lemon pepper.  thank me later.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, threesheets said:

Buffalo Wild Wings can burn down for all I care.  I will never eat at that overpriced shithole again.  It's the Applebees Arby's of wing joints.  Not a huge fan of Wing Stop either, but agree the fries are good.

FIFY

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/arby-closes-billion-deal-with-buffalo-wild-wings-forms-new-company/DIBX4aTnVAaLHCdsq2RaQI/

5 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I go there for take out on occasion, especially when I'm on my own for dinner when my wife and kids are out and about.  

I like the boneless wings. 

On Mon and Tue they are BOGO free.

It's not listed on the menu, but you can order the boneless wings in 8's and whatever sauce/ seasoning you want without fries and bullshit if you're a tightwad like I am.

Every once in a while, some moron employee will try and say i cannot order them that way, but that is the cheapest way if you just want the shickin.

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

way better than bw3.  often better than pluckers because pluckers has the consistency of a crazy ex girlfriend. 

the standard fry seasoning includes sugar.  i opt for cajun seasoning instead.

I knew it!!  THey're pretty good though.  

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea holy shit at eating 5 of them. I've had 2 and no fucking thanks

It's not just that they're hot af it's that they don't really have any good flavor on top of it. I did like 5 or 6 or something one time just for kicks and I was a sweat drenched mess afterwards.

I wouldn't recommend anyone get 5 of those as a regular order unless you are almost utterly immune to heat. Like farm laborer mestizo snack on vine ripened habaneros status. 

• Like 1

It's not just that they're hot af it's that they don't really have any good flavor on top of it. I did like 5 or 6 or something one time just for kicks and I was a sweat drenched mess afterwards.

I wouldn't recommend anyone get 5 of those as a regular order unless you are almost utterly immune to heat. Like farm laborer mestizo snack on vine ripened habaneros status. 

Yep that's always my issue with really hot wings. The flavor of the heat sucks.

Also dumb question amnesty please.... Does milk really help?

I loved watching a friend always try to eat them. It was like dinner and a show.

Interesting feedback on the atomic. My kid seems pretty immune. I like spice but my night gets ruined if I try a ghost pepper wing. He thinks he wants to try the atomic next time. Decisions, decisions.

They will let him try the sauce before hand to see if he can handle it.

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Yep that's always my issue with really hot wings. The flavor of the heat sucks.

Also dumb question amnesty please.... Does milk really help?

Milk and regular sugar, definitely. A spoonful of sugar on the fire tongue and letting it dissolve extinguishes the heat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Pro tip when getting their wings and fries to go:
Spread them on a cookie sheet and put all of it in a 350 oven for about 10-15 min.
Crisps them both up a bit and makes their fries even better.

Not bad. Also order them well done and not have to do that if in a hurry. 

11 hours ago, threesheets said:

Agree on the hotter the shittier the flavor. Habaneros taste like shit imo. Ghost peppers, etc even worse. 

Oh man. I think habaneros have great flavor. The mango habanero at wingstop is prob my favorite flavor (they have some serious heat, too, though). 

10 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Interesting feedback on the atomic. My kid seems pretty immune. I like spice but my night gets ruined if I try a ghost pepper wing. He thinks he wants to try the atomic next time. Decisions, decisions.

Has he done the mango habanero? Try that first. If he can do 5 of those no problem he can probably play ball with the atomic.

We will be watching his career with great interest.

14 hours ago, threesheets said:

Boneless wings aren't wings. Bitch. 

Fleshlight ain’tpussy either.  Did you nut or not?

Edited by slorch

On 2/28/2019 at 3:22 PM, Zepol87 said:

I never really liked them but had them a few weeks ago and they were pretty good. Way better that BWW. 

Have you tried wing bucket? I like it alot. NE corner of Beltline and Coit

There's one downtown a few blocks from my office if i'm not mistaken.  I'll check it out. 

• Like 1

Pretty easy to beat BWW that place has always been turrible
It used to be ok for what it was, which is chain quality wings. We always went after softball on Tuesday for 50 cent wings. They were a good size. Now their wings are fucking tiny and more expensive. And each order of wings have one less. Won't ever go again.