OMG WTF happend to David Lee Roth

Thetexashammer

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

So that precludes talking about individual aspects of talent?

David was the energy guy, the personality guy, the flashy guy, the right guy for the job.

I get that.

Not at all. I guess growing up with the original front man for the band makes me prejudiced to anybody else being touted as better.  

You're misunderstanding me.

DLR was the dude.  I grew up with him in that spot too.  Wouldn't change that at all.  MA wasn't/wouldn't have been the better lead because, he didn't have all the other stuff DLR had.  

It's just if you put the two on a stage behind a microphone with nothing else and gave them one task, vocals, MA would bludgeon DLR and it wouldn't really even be close.

I fucking love Pete Townshend with the Who.  No one could replace him.  One time David Gilmour played with the Who at some show in London.  I don't know where Pete was, probably off doing some solo stuff.  Pete should have been there with his windmills and his bustin' up guitars, but it was DG.  Put each on a stage and give them one task, just play a guitar solo.  Well, Pete would be destroyed.  Still, I wouldn't replace Pete in the Who with DG ever.  Never ever.

That's all I'm saying.

Great interview with MA...

Edited by Cajun