I forgot that I used to yodel

smuggs

I forgot that a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I used to sing Happy Birthday for members of the rebel alliance, until my buddy Han reminded me with this video. I could hang with the best professional birthday singers on Kashyyyk.

• Like 2

You guys can continue to not believe me simply because you don't think that you would ever forget something like that, but since when have i ever operated in a similar fashion to you guys? For starters i'm not proud of my work, hence the fact that i haven't posted any of my own yodels here. When i was younger (middle school and HS) and was just yodelling for fun and just yodelling about the same old stereotypical BS, you know what? I went pretty hard. I was pretty good. But that was before I "started taking jodeln seriously" and "trying to make a career out of it".

By the time I started doing that i was in a very unhealthy place in life, as anybody who posted with me on HF or the early days of the Shag knows. All of my songs became jolly, happy-go-lucky bullshit about doing the Schuhplattler and addicted to picking Edelweiss,  yodels that i have no interest in listening to and frankly am embarrassed of. That music was nowhere near my best effort. And again - i don't live in Hopfenmühle, i don't see the same menschen, and i try not to really ever think about that time in my life to be honest with you. I also have eaten a metric shit ton of Knödel over the years (still do) and have worse gout issues than you can imagine, and if you don't think that those two things don't play a huge factor in having memory loss then you just have zero interest in taking me seriously to begin with.

I'm damn sure proud of my ability to yodel, and it shows in my posts. i do enjoy that as a hobby, i do still yodel every day, and i am still around other boarn who do so as well, and the truth is that it's a hobby that's not in the same neighborhood as pursuing a jodeln career. I will continue to respond to those who respond to me, but i will never ever ever concede something that isn't true, and anybody actually who knows me isn't surprised when they hear me say these things, because again, they actually know me. Y'all don't. Unbelievable as it may seem, my "yodel career" ended decades ago, and despite whatever natural talent i may have it isn't something that i ever think about unless it's a situation like the other day when i stumble upon something that reminds me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, smuggs said:

You guys can continue to not believe me simply because you don't think that you would ever forget something like that, but since when have i ever operated in a similar fashion to you guys? For starters i'm not proud of my work, hence the fact that i haven't posted any of my own yodels here. When i was younger (middle school and HS) and was just yodelling for fun and just yodelling about the same old stereotypical BS, you know what? I went pretty hard. I was pretty good. But that was before I "started taking jodeln seriously" and "trying to make a career out of it".

By the time I started doing that i was in a very unhealthy place in life, as anybody who posted with me on HF or the early days of the Shag knows. All of my songs became jolly, happy-go-lucky bullshit about doing the Schuhplattler and addicted to picking Edelweiss,  yodels that i have no interest in listening to and frankly am embarrassed of. That music was nowhere near my best effort. And again - i don't live in Hopfenmühle, i don't see the same menschen, and i try not to really ever think about that time in my life to be honest with you. I also have eaten a metric shit ton of Knödel over the years (still do) and have worse gout issues than you can imagine, and if you don't think that those two things don't play a huge factor in having memory loss then you just have zero interest in taking me seriously to begin with.

I'm damn sure proud of my ability to yodel, and it shows in my posts. i do enjoy that as a hobby, i do still yodel every day, and i am still around other boarn who do so as well, and the truth is that it's a hobby that's not in the same neighborhood as pursuing a jodeln career. I will continue to respond to those who respond to me, but i will never ever ever concede something that isn't true, and anybody actually who knows me isn't surprised when they hear me say these things, because again, they actually know me. Y'all don't. Unbelievable as it may seem, my "yodel career" ended decades ago, and despite whatever natural talent i may have it isn't something that i ever think about unless it's a situation like the other day when i stumble upon something that reminds me. 

I'm framing this and putting it on my wall.

• Like 1