GT OL Parker Braun

10 minutes ago, thepop said:

This is the guy we wanted right? New starter at guard?

Yup. Probably the first or second best OL on the GT market along with Jackson (who went from Rutgers to tOSU). 

First-team All-ACC last year.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

Just now, texifornia said:

As our current roster stands, I think the ideal line is Cosmi-Braun-Shack-Okafor-Kerstetter. If Angilau's development jumps ahead of schedule, then put him in at RG.  I think Okafor can be an absolute beast if he gets to play his natural position at G. He graded out really well in run blocking the year he played a lot, and he has good feet and height/reach for a G. He just didn't have the feet to block speed edge rushers when placed at OT.

The upside is that 3/5 of our starting OL next year project to be above-average run blockers. We struggled to finish games and have a consistent offense because we couldn't get push on the OL unless we had a real numbers advantage (i.e., Sam running give us an extra blocker). If we can get consistent push with our OL, it will go a long way in helping us control the clock, put games away, and dominating physically inferior opponents so we don't lose to teams we're more talented than. 

• Like 1

I don't know about specific positions, but having four guys (Cosmi, Braun, Shackelford, Kerstetter) with significant starting experience is a nice luxury given what we lost.  Add in Okafor, Angilau, Ghirmai, Jones, Moore and Johnson, and we should have some nice competition.