RIP Keith Flint of Prodigy

HiggyBaby

Not really a fan, but in high school around 1992 I saw them at the Bomb Factory in Dallas  on a bill with Moby.  It was billed as a rave (Airrave maybe).  From what I remember, he was mostly their dancer at that point and didn’t sing much.  I remember it being a fun time and was always amazed at how huge those two acts became.  Sad day for us getting older farts.

This sucks. I freaking loved that band. Celebrate their entire catalog.

I saw him once describing going to a pub and some dude thought he was just a random guy trying to look like Keith, and saying sarcastically, "oh look it's the Firestarter!" and Keith could only respond "but... but.. I really AM the Firestarter!"   

He was like if Vyvyan from the Young Ones and Billy Idol had a love child.  Bummed about this.

• Like 2

I’m the bitch you hated, filth infatuated. I’m the pain you tasted, fell intoxicated.

I remember listening to that tune, on blast on repeat, stoned, staring through my pile of network topology textbooks and down at the floor of my apartment in Stillwater thinking ‘we’re gonna get you assholes, I can’t wait to see the tv coverage of your shithole hideouts burning, we are gonna fuck you up’

It was 12 of September, 2001. I will never forget that, and Firestarter was the tune that carried my emotion from horrified, shocked sadness to pure, burning rage. That tune played its own small role in a greater transition of mine into adulthood.

RIP my man.

• Like 2