Aaron Franklin's Hot Luck Festival-May

Guest Lobo

Tickets on sale now.  Main three as always are the kickoff party, the one at Franklin, and the Al Fuego at Wild Onion Ranch.  Plus the peripheral food events and all kinds of great live music shows around town.  The big three sell out fast, will all be gone by later this week so grab 'em while you can.  Little balmy, but always a great time.  

Is that for Whole-Enchilada badge?  That is excessive, but then the all-in pass for AFWF is about the same amount of money I think and includes fewer events (not sure though, one is mostly daytime, one is mostly nighttime).  I just did what I do each year and got a pair of tickets to the Friday night deal at Franklin with all his chef buddies.  The Al Fuego event is maybe the most fun all around, but it's a bit of a time commitment considering we're having a baby the month before.  Even those tickets were nearly $400/pair.  If I can't make it, I know I can sell them at a premium.  

It's a great event overall though, but admittedly I've never taken advantage of much of it other than one food event and a couple of live music shows here and there.  

Tickets on sale now.  Main three as always are the kickoff party, the one at Franklin, and the Al Fuego at Wild Onion Ranch.  Plus the peripheral food events and all kinds of great live music shows around town.  The big three sell out fast, will all be gone by later this week so grab 'em while you can.  Little balmy, but always a great time.  

I’m pretty sure only the Friday event, the one where Aaron Franklin actually cooks, is the one that regularly sells out. I remember buying tickets to the Saturday and Sunday events like a day or two before last year.

That sounds right.  I think Al Fuego sold out a few days before that, but yeah everything else was available that same weekend.  

I don’t know where Aaron gets the energy for stuff like this, but he’s doing a great job.  

Yeah, I remember when the Austin Food & Wine Festival was at Auditorium Shores and I think tickets were $40 for a full day of eating and drinking.  

Now there's a half-dozen major food and/or wine festivals here throughout the year and you can't sniff one for under $250.  

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I remember when the Austin Food & Wine Festival was at Auditorium Shores and I think tickets were $40 for a full day of eating and drinking.  

Now there's a half-dozen major food and/or wine festivals here throughout the year and you can't sniff one for under $250.  

So does everything in Austin suck?

Or are there still a few things for people like there used to be?

(So do you have to drive to something in New Braunfels or Killeen for an affordable event?)

Eeyores, It’s still a thing.

And no  everything in Austin does not suck.  Was merely chiming in on a prior topic ever into cost of food festivals.  In fact going to buy a new kite this week for zilker kite festival with my daughter

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

So does everything in Austin suck?

Or are there still a few things for people like there used to be?

(So do you have to drive to something in New Braunfels or Killeen for an affordable event?)

In my old man, get-off-my-lawn mind, mind, everything that has people involved and cost money sucks.   If there is anything that is remotely affordable and entertaining the inclusion of a mass of people will ruin it.  :)

• Like 1