Game 30: Texas at Texas Tech, 8 PM, ESPN

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

jarrett culver is one of those guys who's a total stud in college, and who then has a long, really solid NBA career, but because he gets picked 6th or something he's forever labeled as someone who didn't live up to expectations. 

Perfect description 

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

jarrett culver is one of those guys who's a total stud in college, and who then has a long, really solid NBA career, but because he gets picked 6th or something he's forever labeled as someone who didn't live up to expectations. 

This is basically my take on him as well unless he really develops that jump shot.

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Hire Beard already and be done with it

I totally agree but it will take more money than UT has ever spent for a basketball coach.  Shaka's buyout, Beard's buyout,  and he's going to have to be paid a huge salary to leave Tech. It's not that we can't afford it, it's just whether CDC will do it. I'd say it's money well spent. 

3 minutes ago, BoosterAndrews said:

Coleman is only good at ball handling, he's not a scorer and his mind is slow.  Hayes might be the clumsiest big man I've ever seen on the 40 acres.  Dude is so fuckin awkward on the floor.  He's also a giant pussy that can only dunk.

Hayes projected in this 2019 NBA Mock Draft #19

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

major props to coleman there. as he was dribbling out the clock i said aloud, "please don't just pull up...", fully expecting him to just pull up and brick a three. great lookfr coleman for an in-rhythm three to change it from a 12 point deficit to a 9 point deficit, which is anything but insignificant. good play. 

Just now, Horn80 said:

Febres and Ramey will have to shoot lights out.  

The key is Coleman he has to get penetration because we have no idea how to run screens or cut to create passing lanes.  Shaka is like the buzzword marketing guy.  you just look at him after he's done talking and go "really?"

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:
5 minutes ago, chase25 said:
You're only up 9 at home, with a sold out crowd, against a 16-13 basketball team (shooting 29 % from the floor) with a lame duck coach.
Shut up

What if Tech was up by 1 more point? Would you change your mind? Pleeeease?

Probably not, pretty hard to watch a Big 12 team tied for 1st in the conference struggle to kick the shit out of an average basketball team at home. Wins are wins though.