Game 30: Texas at Texas Tech, 8 PM, ESPN

Machinator

17 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

god, college basketball is such a shit product compared to the nba.  

no surprise at all that the defense is lost on you...

It's a college thread, thread- shitter fuck.

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

what.  we aren't cursed we have a shitty coach.

I am not talking this year, or really even the last few years. I am talking since we had the misfortune to play Syracuse and Melo in 2003. Then Tyrus Thomas and Big Baby playing out of their mind for LSU, the Durant team should have at least made Sweet 16... Derrick Rose v DJ Augustine in Houston, etc.. these are just the highest profile losses. 

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Shaka’s halftime speech should be “hey guys, the football and baseball teams are watching’.

We do Navy seal training at halftime, it really brings the team closer together and makes them much better basketball players

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You're not crazy. This is the textbook definition of a trap game and our second half defense can be lax sometimes.

i think we still have a run in us. we rarely get blown out and we can always get hot. 

that said TTU's offense has been skyrocketing up the computer rankings since conference play started and i wouldn't be surprised to see the romp continue. 

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:
3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:
I'll never understand how offensive goaltending is a thing. Like, the entire point of the sport is to put the ball into the basket. 

Wtf? You'd have to allow the defense the same opportunity to goaltend.

No you wouldn't. I understand why defensive goaltending is against the rules. I believe FIBA rules allow for offensive goaltending. 

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'll never understand how offensive goaltending is a thing. Like, the entire point of the sport is to put the ball into the basket. 

Well defenders shouldn’t be allowed to touch the ball while it’s in the cylinder.  So, offensive players can’t just have free reign to tip in any ball still in the cylinder uncontested.

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Well defenders shouldn’t be allowed to touch the ball while it’s in the cylinder.  So, offensive players can’t just have free reign to tip in any ball still in the cylinder uncontested.

Just looked it up, FIBA rules allow players on offense or defense to touch the ball once it has hit the cylinder. Seems fair enough.