Best Burger in Texas (and each state)

Both Tacos

Okay, I've never been to Grumps Burgers in Granbury, but the picture they used certainly doesn't make it standout against other burger joints. Whataburger pic taken on my phone looks better than that. Anyone ever been to this place to say how good (or bad) it is?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-best-place-to-get-a-burger-in-every-state/ss-BBTEiS6?li=BBnb7Kz#image=44 

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Lulz. Looks like BK is king of texas

Spoke too soon. Look at my states.

cec47e931800c572067b46fcb8601c98.jpg

How was it not Matt's for Minnesota?

Iowa's selection was legit.  Short's is great.  I might not call it the best burger in the state, but it's a worthy inclusion.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, utee94 said:

WTH?  Juy Lucy at Matt's dominates that.

After having seen the picture for Iowa's, and having eaten there many times (a good friend worked there when he went to Iowa), I would say the picture for that is not reality.  Maybe MN's is the same?

Herd's and Burger Bar are 1a and 1b for me, you can't go wrong with either one. Seems as though the secret is to have a 70+ year old griddle that just gets wiped down but never washed. They develop a season on them that is just magical. Reminds me of those restaurants in China where they haven't dumped their sauce or stock out in something like 200 years, they just keep adding to it everyday.

CHIEF

On 3/4/2019 at 1:29 PM, Junior Miller said:

Hahahabahahah. you're going off of some broad named Jackie Nappo writing trash pieces for MSN (who knew MSN was still around). Surprised the chick didn't pick a "veggie burger"

She freelances for a the column Insider. And judging by her pic, there may be some among us who might enjoy being insider.

img_7275-e1524083482798.jpeg?w=488&h=488

On 3/5/2019 at 6:05 PM, Errestaurants said:

Storm's is solid but not sure best in Texas solid. Always stop there in Lampasas. Im still going with original Fred's Diablo burger. 

My parents love going to storms for ice cream and I tried their burger once. It was very good for fast food, and may be the best fast food burger I've had. That said Maple and Motor destroys it and pretty much every other burger I've had at a restaurant. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

She freelances for a the column Insider. And judging by her pic, there may be some among us who might enjoy being insider.

img_7275-e1524083482798.jpeg?w=488&h=488

She looks like she's about to purify herself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka 

On 3/4/2019 at 9:37 PM, Gil Bang said:

For CA, I'd nominate "Rider's Club" in San Clemente.  Fucking great burger in a tiny hole-in-the-wall spot.  Mofos don't even have fries.   Burgers and beer.  That's all. 

There's all sorts of gourmet burger joints everywhere these days, and plenty of holes in the wall.  But if I want to satisfy a real hankerin', nothing beats...

spacer.png

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

There's all sorts of gourmet burger joints everywhere these days, and plenty of holes in the wall.  But if I want to satisfy a real hankerin', nothing beats...

spacer.png

Never got the love for Tommy's.  When I was in college, 2AM Tommy's runs were done on a regular basis.  I usually passed.  

Now, "The Hat" is another story. 

But Rider's Club is still the best I've had.   Another by-gone hole was "Dave's Burgers" on the 405 at Atlantic?  Just south of the freeway.  Sign was a big clock that said "time to eat". 

And Nessy Burger in Fallbrook is the real deal.  Just a little trailer.  Amazing burgers. 

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

spacer.png

Either that's a giant tomato or a tiny burger.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:17 PM, SurlyBDR said:

Definitely not the best in the Great State of Texas, but I stumbled upon this hidden gem for any of you Leanderthols (or any close by):

https://feedingthefrenzy.com/

19 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Ha, was coming here to post this.  Best burgers in the state, bar none.

I need to give it a try. Also for those of us up in this part of the world, Major's in Liberty Hill is damn solid, too. As a bonus, the beer battered fries are bad ass, as are the onion rings. Guy at the table next to us got their chili cheese fries and they looked amazing, too. 

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, Errestaurants said:

Grumps in Grandbury is legit. That is a shitty picture though. I'll take the Diablo burger at the original Fred's in Ft.Worth as my number 1.

"i'll hav'a diablo sandwich ana docta peppa, and make it quick, im inna gotdayum hurry"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1