Best Burger in Texas (and each state)

Both Tacos

2 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

I will put Jucy's in Longview up against anything anywhere.  it's been fantastic for 40 years.  

Haven't been to the one in Longview, but I eat at the one in Tyler about once a month when I'm up visiting my dad.  Pretty damn good with great handmade onion rings and fries, too.

I stopped at the Pint and Barrel Draughthouse in Palestine, TX around the first of the year and the made this one for me.  Probably one of my top 5 burgers and a pretty good tap lineup to boot.

IMG-6572.jpg

IMG-6571.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davidg said:

Haven't been to the one in Longview, but I eat at the one in Tyler about once a month when I'm up visiting my dad.  Pretty damn good with great handmade onion rings and fries, too.

I stopped at the Pint and Barrel Draughthouse in Palestine, TX around the first of the year and the made this one for me.  Probably one of my top 5 burgers and a pretty good tap lineup to boot.

IMG-6572.jpg

IMG-6571.jpg

That burger looks fantastic.

15 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

There's all sorts of gourmet burger joints everywhere these days, and plenty of holes in the wall.  But if I want to satisfy a real hankerin', nothing beats...

spacer.png

What the hell is this? This is like someone posting a Florida Georgia Line video on the Country Western Thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My parents love going to storms for ice cream and I tried their burger once. It was very good for fast food, and may be the best fast food burger I've had. That said Maple and Motor destroys it and pretty much every other burger I've had at a restaurant. 

Another vote for Maple & Motor in big D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Shouldn’t be winning any awards but for the north Austin folks, riata bar and grill has good burgers. 

Yup, I used to live a couple blocks away (house in Milwood, not the apartments) and we hit it up pretty regularly.  Tasty burger for sure and I liked getting the jalapeno-cheese bun.

On 3/5/2019 at 1:21 PM, CHIEF said:

Herd's and Burger Bar are 1a and 1b for me, you can't go wrong with either one. Seems as though the secret is to have a 70+ year old griddle that just gets wiped down but never washed. They develop a season on them that is just magical. Reminds me of those restaurants in China where they haven't dumped their sauce or stock out in something like 200 years, they just keep adding to it everyday.

CHIEF

Don't forget the poop oil, that shit's magic.

So thanks to this thread, I hit Shark's Burger in Leander for lunch today. First off, it's INSIDE the gas station, not in the empty space next door. If I hadn't noticed all the working men eating burgers in their pickups I'd have probably missed it. I got the Great White (double) with jalapeno jack, jalapenos, and bacon and an order of fries. Burger was great and messy. Had juice running down my arm a couple times. Fries were good battered fries, crisp on the outside and perfectly cooked inside. I wish there were more than two tables in the place, because sitting in my truck eating kind of sucked, and it's :toofar: from my house to wait until I got home and expect the fries to still be hot. I'll definitely go back, but the eat-in situation is not ideal.   

• Like 2

But there are THREE tables! We lucked out last weekend, as a table became available right as our food was coming up.

I think that with them putting out as good of a product as they are, it's only a matter of time until they have to find a bigger space.

what’s a decent local burger on the long route up to dallas from austin.

183 -> lampasas -> 281 -> evant, hamilton, hico -> 67 -> glen rose, cleburne, alvarado, midlothian...

I’m familiar with storm’s.  from this thread I’m seeing shark burger in leander?

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

183 -> lampasas -> 281 -> evant, hamilton, hico -> 67 -> glen rose, cleburne, alvarado, midlothian...

I’m familiar with storm’s.  from this thread I’m seeing shark burger in leander?

Health Camp. Just stay away from the rapists. 

Oh nvm you meant the alternate route. Not sure, but that's a really pretty drive. Have only done it once. 

Edited by ztejas

IMG-6572.jpg

IMG-6571.jpg

I’ll second this place. Real solid when I found it on a whim.

25 minutes ago, futureman said:

Cleburne has both a Grump's and the Burger Bar, which will be only one block off your route. Be sure and check their schedule though. The Loco Coyote between Hico and Glen Rose is one of the two biggest burgers I have ever seen, it will feed three people. Not as good as the other two, but solid, none the less. 

CHIEF

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Cleburne has both a Grump's and the Burger Bar, which will be only one block off your route. Be sure and check their schedule though. The Loco Coyote between Hico and Glen Rose is one of the two biggest burgers I have ever seen, it will feed three people. Not as good as the other two, but solid, none the less. 

CHIEF

Love loco coyote. Beautiful drive and large portions with cold beer. Only problem are the pissers in the summertime. Whew.

59 minutes ago, futureman said:

Try Brad’s Burgers in Lampasas, they serve an ol fashion type burger, they only have outdoor tables though. I have eaten there several times and like it better than Storms.

• Like 2

Not saying it was the best by any stretch of the imagination, but Grub's Burger Bar used to serve a thai peanut burger.  It was the best damned thing on their menu, and then they got rid of it.  I'm not sure if this was because of concern over food allergies/cross contamination, but I've yet to go back since they took it away.  I've tried to re-create at home, but it's just not right.

Image result for grub burger thai peanut

6 hours ago, futureman said:

You sure like taking the long ass way around. That drive from Hico to Cedar Hill sucks ass. Negged for stupidity 

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Health Camp. Just stay away from the rapists. 

Oh nvm you meant the alternate route. Not sure, but that's a really pretty drive. Have only done it once. 

And Health Camp has turned into garbage. Their shakes are still good, but the burgers resemble something from a school cafeteria these days. Ain't nothing wrong with the Storm's in Lampasas especially after camping at Colorado Bend for a weekend.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:50 PM, RMac5 said:

Try Brad’s Burgers in Lampasas, they serve an ol fashion type burger, they only have outdoor tables though. I have eaten there several times and like it better than Storms.

I’ll confirm the above.  My in-laws had a place in Hamilton and on the drive up, Storms used to be our go-to spot until we tried Brad’s.

Also, IMO the Storms in Hamilton is better than Lampasas location.