Best Burger in Texas (and each state)

Both Tacos

7 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

I know I’m gonna get slammed here and if so that’s fine but bacon never improves a hamburger.

I'm with you. I love bacon, and I love burgers, but the two together never ends up being quite right. Too many times the bacon is either too crispy or too chewy, and it detracts from the burger. 

2 hours ago, RMac5 said:

I know I’m gonna get slammed here and if so that’s fine but bacon never improves a hamburger.

I don't agree that it NEVER improves a hamburger, I've had plenty of burgers that were even more delicious due to the presence of bacon.

But I'll certainly concede that it doesn't ALWAYS improve a hamburger.

• Like 2

I was in Westerville, Oh recently for work and we tried out Flip Side one night for dinner. The menu probably has 20 burgers on it and the majority of them sounded damn good. I ended up ordering the French Flip. In addition to the burger, it consisted of:
Beer Braised short ribs, caramelized onions and jus, swiss cheese, roasted garlic and herb aioli.
It was damn good. Definitely a place I will keep on my list for the next time we are up there.

On 2/6/2020 at 4:34 PM, CooterBrown said:

Bacon overwhelms most things. I like it on its own or if it’s the main ingredient, like a BLT, but usually won’t add it to anything.

I'll add it to mac n cheese, deviled eggs, peas and beans of all sorts, club sandwich, and a lot of things. Not usually burgers "but I ain't agin' it".

I'm trying Maple & Motor for the first time on Friday.  I plan on getting a ridiculous burger.  We'll see how I feel since I'll be coming off a fast.

Double meat, 4x American cheese, bacon, grilled onions, fried egg (medium) + cheese tots

I'd normally get some grilled jalapenos on the burger, but peppers more than anything screw with my gut after a fast.

2 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

I'm trying Maple & Motor for the first time on Friday.  I plan on getting a ridiculous burger.  We'll see how I feel since I'll be coming off a fast.

Double meat, 4x American cheese, bacon, grilled onions, fried egg (medium) + cheese tots

I'd normally get some grilled jalapenos on the burger, but peppers more than anything screw with my gut after a fast.

You could settle your jalap-scorched tummy tum with a 64-oz. Diet Coke. 

• Like 1

The Shell station on the south side of Bellville (1216 Front St.) is in my top 3 lifetime. It's a shitty convenience store and they make zero effort to market it (instead of giving it a name it goes by "Shell Station Food Court), and there's like a 15-20 minute wait even if there is no line, but it's worth it. 

(Not my pic, stolen from Yelp)

o.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Brazilian I'm dating told me corn is pretty common there. What is wrong with the rest of the world?

They also add corn and other interesting things like peas and parmesan cheese to their Brazilian hot dogs, which are delicious.

Mashed potatoes are a big part of many Brazilian hotdogs. Corn as already mentioned. I have eaten quite a few down there, but honestly, I prefer a Chicago style hotdog. It’s just overkill. And I hate mayonnaise and you have to make sure they don’t add that garbage. Each state in Brazil has their take on the hotdog. So far São Paulo’s version is the best I have had.

here’s how you do it.  first you wanna spread the pimento cheese on the bun.  don’t be shy, put a thick layer on there, both sides.  then microwave the dog for 20-25 seconds depending on your microwave.  take the dog out and slap it in the bun on top of that cheese, then return the bun/dog complex to the microwave and heat for about 10-15 more seconds.  then apply a liberal amount of mayonnaise all over the dog and finish with some relish.  if your erection lasts longer than four hours consult your doctor. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, futureman said:

here’s how you do it.  first you wanna spread the pimento cheese on the bun.  don’t be shy, put a thick layer on there, both sides.  then microwave the dog for 20-25 seconds depending on your microwave.  take the dog out and slap it in the bun on top of that cheese, then return the bun/dog complex to the microwave and heat for about 10-15 more seconds.  then apply a liberal amount of mayonnaise all over the dog and finish with some relish.  if your erection lasts longer than four hours consult your doctor. 

Needs Cheetos.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:56 AM, Landomatic said:

Eh, where else is she gonna find a great meal for less than $33 in NYC?  The fact that it's a burger is kind of irrelevant.  I'd rather have a great $33 burger than an average $50 steak.  Although, if she's anything like my wife, that logic probably won't register.

Well she is a woman, right.

Mayo on a hot dog?  Fuck that.

A buddy of mine lived in Indiana for about 5 years and apparently that entire state is slathered in mayo, based on the eating habits he developed.  We were grilling out shortly after they moved back, and he put mayo on a bratwurst.  And not just any bratwurst.  A brat from a locker that had just won gold at the Iowa State Fair.

I nearly stroked out.  Fucking mayo.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Mayo only belongs on a BLT, Club Sammich, Meatloaf Sammich and maybe a couple of other things.

Hot dogs get yellow mustard, Dill relish and white onion.

Brats/other sausage gets spicy mustard and hot sauce (Crystal is my preference)

Burgers get yellow mustard, lots of black pepper, LTO, pickled japs and hot sauce (Louisiana is my preference)

They all get a bag of original Lays potato chips on the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
On 2/28/2020 at 8:26 PM, Whatever said:

Mayo only belongs on a BLT, Club Sammich, Meatloaf Sammich and maybe a couple of other things.

Hot dogs get yellow mustard, Dill relish and white onion.

Brats/other sausage gets spicy mustard and hot sauce (Crystal is my preference)

Burgers get yellow mustard, lots of black pepper, LTO, pickled japs and hot sauce (Louisiana is my preference)

They all get a bag of original Lays potato chips on the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayo on a meatloaf sandwich? I like Mayo but that does not sound good. Meatloaf sandwich probably the only thing left I’d use ketchup on and it would be WB spicy ketchup.

• Hook 'Em 1

Slaw is good on pulled pork.  I guess I could see it working on a burger.

On the topic of bacon, the most I've enjoyed bacon incorporated into a burger is at a place in Ames called Brick City.  Rather than use it for a topping, it's chopped up and mixed into the patty.  60% ground beef, 40% bacon.  That's how you add bacon to a burger.