Luke Perry really wanted no part of 90210 reboot

HiggyBaby

Damn, 52 years old.  I don't think anyone would consider him a great actor by any stretch of the imagination, but 90210 was a guilty pleasure of mine, as I used to watch the shit out of the syndicated re-runs during the late 90's when I was in law school and needed some crap TV to veg out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Damn way too young.  What causes a stroke in a seemingly healthy weighted individual?  Drugs & alcohol?

Smoking, high blood pressure, and heart disease are some of the risk factors.  But strokes can just happen.  One of our friend's first babies had a stroke in the womb. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Damn, 52 years old.  I don't think anyone would consider him a great actor by any stretch of the imagination, but 90210 was a guilty pleasure of mine, as I used to watch the shit out of the syndicated re-runs during the late 90's when I was in law school and needed some crap TV to veg out. 

We used to get a case of beer and watch 8 Seconds at least once a month when I was in college.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Certainly not law school, but I sure as shit had the ol' VCR programmed for 3 or 4p each weekday for the reruns. 

15 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Damn way too young.  What causes a stroke in a seemingly healthy weighted individual?  Drugs & alcohol?

13 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Could’ve taken part in the Randy Travis plan of ruining your brain by doing too much coke/crack/meth

I saw a photo of his face for some memorial show that is going to run Tuesday night and from the looks of the lines going through his face at various angles, he was no stranger to drugs. 

He had a very hard 52 years. 

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I saw a photo of his face for some memorial show that is going to run Tuesday night and from the looks of the lines going through his face at various angles, he was no stranger to drugs. 

He had a very hard 52 years. 

Yep, looks a lot like Scott Weiland too, who also was no stranger to drugs.  

23 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

He seemed the least d-baggy of the 90210 crew. RIP to an icon.

I thought I heard rumors that he was actually a really good dude.  Maybe it surprised people because of the D bag character he played on 90210.  I never heard substance abuse rumors but who knows.  Could happen anywhere especially Hollywood.  He looks like  52 year old guy to me, not necessarily like a guy who's lived a hard life.   

Sucks.  RIP.   

• 5 months later...