Things you're a little bit embarrassed to admit

Hanrahan

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Microwave burn is a thing. When I'm reheating leftovers, particularly Chinese food, I take it slow at a lower setting. Meat, veggies, and mushrooms all reheat at different rates. The #4 setting on my microwave alternates between 16 seconds on and 16 seconds off. I wrap my dish in plastic wrap and give it a few minutes on 4. Then I'll let it sit and steam for a couple minutes, give it a stir, then repeat the process. Then I'll give it a final zap for 30 seconds to make sure it's good and hot and stays good and hot. 

I'm still pissed that my last order of Hunan Chicken only had three mushrooms in it. 

Heyzeus if you're gonna spend that amount of time just warm it up on the fucking stove.  Will taste better too.

5 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Heyzeus if you're gonna spend that amount of time just warm it up on the fucking stove.  Will taste better too.

Wrong. It takes 10 minutes and change, only dirties one dish, and tastes as good as fresh. The rice steams hot without having to mix it with sauce. I hate drowning the rice in sauce. 

23 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I rarely let people see what's in my music mix, because I have pretty much every song in the catalog of a one-hit wonder band, except of course for the one hit. But dammit, Katrina and the Waves was a goddamned great pub band once upon a time. And guitarist Kimberly Rew wrote a whole slew of great stuff as a solo artist, too, not to mention his work with Soft Boys (along with Robyn Hitchcock, who was himself great).

Ice, Ice, Baby has its place 2 minutes out of the year, just sayin.  

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Microwave burn is a thing. When I'm reheating leftovers, particularly Chinese food, I take it slow at a lower setting. Meat, veggies, and mushrooms all reheat at different rates. The #4 setting on my microwave alternates between 16 seconds on and 16 seconds off. I wrap my dish in plastic wrap and give it a few minutes on 4. Then I'll let it sit and steam for a couple minutes, give it a stir, then repeat the process. Then I'll give it a final zap for 30 seconds to make sure it's good and hot and stays good and hot. 

I'm still pissed that my last order of Hunan Chicken only had three mushrooms in it. 

I'm always surprised at how few people know that stuff reheats way better, and keeps most of its original consistency, at a lower setting and longer amount of time.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

You cheap bastard savages need to get a steam oven and say goodbye to your microwaves. 

5 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I'm always surprised at how few people know that stuff reheats way better, and keeps most of its original consistency, at a lower setting and longer amount of time.

But most importantly, in something other than a microwave.

22 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It takes 10 minutes and change, only dirties one dish, and tastes as good as fresh. The rice steams hot without having to mix it with sauce. I hate drowning the rice in sauce. 

giphy.gif

Can't blame ya really, your a bucks fan.  I'll contend that there is not one thing reheated in microwave that tastes better than reheated on stove.  It just doesn't exist.

12 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

giphy.gif

Can't blame ya really, your a bucks fan.  I'll contend that there is not one thing reheated in microwave that tastes better than reheated on stove.  It just doesn't exist.

Lecture me, Husker, you icon of taste and sophistication. 

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:11 PM, mulletpelini said:

giphy.gif

Hot Pockets.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:02 PM, Jkwellborn said:

Yeah if you are spending that much time reheating old rice, you’re doing something wrong. Just make some instant.

Who the fuck eats instant rice?

It only takes 20 minutes to make the real stuff. If you cannot wait that long start sooner.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, elfenix said:

the turks used ketchup and mayo

Hmm. I always thought I was of welsh descent.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:19 PM, Asithappens said:

The song "Pressure Drop" was written by Toots Hibbert (of Toots and the Maytals), who also coined the term "reggae" (reggay).

Toots and the Maytals rule.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Leaking Roids is not a good band name.

It is if you're a Barry Bonds tribute band.  Their debut album "Nelson Bighetti.  I Played with Dave Righetti.  Call me Big Head" went to #19 on the Billboard

3 hours ago, PilotsError said:

i posted the same thing in the old age sucks thread.  is yours leaking?  because mine is leaking fecal matter and the smell is worse than anything i've ever farted.  it's terrible.

Not fecal matter but a combo of fluid and blood.  I have a wad of TP stuck in my ass crack.  Fuck me.

Edited by Sbbruin

20 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Not fecal matter but a combo of fluid and blood.  I have a wad of TP stuck in my ass crack.  Fuck me.

Pain+blood is usually an anal fissure or ruptured hemorrhoid

Pain+nasty drainage suggests an abcess or hemorrhoids so swollen that stool is leaking.

Both you unfortunates need to see a surgeon (colorectal) to properly diagnose and treat.

Meanwhile, fiber supplements, warm tub soaks, topical lidocaine.  Avoid anal receptive intercourse.  $3.50

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1