UTRGV @ Texas

Levi

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

Hitter from the valley simply flinched. He didnt lean in to it. Ump made a bad call and we all know this.

Apparently, you do not understand just how savvy some of those people from the Valley are.

Just ask Lat22, he'll put you an explanation.

19 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Here's the official NCAA rule:

When hit by a pitched ball at which the individual is not attempting to strike, the ball is immediately dead; 1) A batter may not make a movement to intentionally get hit by the pitch, regardless of the location of the pitch. He must also avoid being hit whenever possible, unless the pitch is within the batter's box occupied by the batter. If the batter's action is deemed intentional, then: a) If the ball is in the strike zone when it touches the batter, or if the batter moves to intentionally get hit or freezes to allow a pitch that is not within the batter's box to hit him, the ball is dead, it shall be called a strike and the batter is not awarded first base. b) If the ball is within the batter's box occupied by the batter and the batter makes no movement to intentionally get hit by the pitch, the batter is awarded first base. In other words, a batter who freezes inside the batter's box and who is hit by the pitch shall be awarded first base.

I think "a" applies - the ball was not in the strike zone, but was not in the batter's box either.  He allowed the pitch to hit him in the leg, and the area it hit was outside the batters box from what I remember seeing while watching the game. 

27 minutes ago, landman said:

I think "a" applies - the ball was not in the strike zone, but was not in the batter's box either.  He allowed the pitch to hit him in the leg, and the area it hit was outside the batters box from what I remember seeing while watching the game. 

yeah - sounds like blue got it right.  Weird ending though.