UTRGV @ Texas

Levi

Just now, BERT said:

Some of y’all need to know the difference between a passed ball and a wild pitch

It's often semantics, the way he slid out to block that ball was borderline putrid, he gave himself no chance. I'm not absolving the pitching but that is 3 block-able balls that have gotten by him that have all led to runs

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

It's often semantics, the way he slid out to block that ball was borderline putrid, he gave himself no chance. I'm not absolving the pitching but that is 3 block-able balls that have gotten by him that have all led to runs

What’s he supposed to do? Back hand it like a first baseman? 

2 minutes ago, BERT said:

Some of y’all need to know the difference between a passed ball and a wild pitch

I know the difference.  LSU's catcher did a much better job blocking wild pitches than our guy did this weekend.

Instead of sliding out to block a ball to your right with your left shoulder down and your right shoulder up trying to glove the ball, get your right shoulder around and down and smother the ball.

Not to mention he just let one get away that was right between the wickets, he just isn't ready yet but he is only a Freshman

Edited by chase25

1 minute ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Hold on, we're not aggy now.

We did take 1 out of 3 from Oklahoma St to open the season (albeit at home)

Yeah, came across this...

"Winners of seven in a row, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley baseball team (9-3) plays its first road game of the season against the Longhorns...."

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Instead of sliding out to block a ball with your left shoulder down and your right shoulder up trying to glove the ball, get your right shoulder around and down and smother the ball.

Not to mention he just let one get away that was right between the wickets, he just isn't ready yet but he is only a Freshman

I agree with you. Fields also short hops the ball way too much 

SIAP...... I just saw this, so posting as an Fyi...

Senior Beau Ridgeway, who was once one of the Big 12’s top relievers, has left Texas’ baseball program.

Texas announced on Monday that Ridgeway and head coach David Pierce had come to a “mutual agreement” about the player’s exit. Ridgeway is now “focusing on graduating and his future post-college.” Ridgeway’s name and biography have been removed from UT’s online roster.

https://www.hookem.com/2019/03/04/after-a-mutual-agreement-texas-parts-way-with-former-closer-beau-ridgeway/

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP...... I just saw this, so posting as an Fyi...

Senior Beau Ridgeway, who was once one of the Big 12’s top relievers, has left Texas’ baseball program.

Texas announced on Monday that Ridgeway and head coach David Pierce had come to a “mutual agreement” about the player’s exit. Ridgeway is now “focusing on graduating and his future post-college.” Ridgeway’s name and biography have been removed from UT’s online roster.

https://www.hookem.com/2019/03/04/after-a-mutual-agreement-texas-parts-way-with-former-closer-beau-ridgeway/

It is discussed in the Texas baseball thread