Live PD

Bobby Light

F. Yea!  My Friday and Saturday telly watching is easy, LivePD at all times.  And I guess its not surprising that we so frequently see the same idiots committing various minor infractions.  I feel for the cops having to deal with these cretins on a daily basis.

i always heard Williamson County was full of hardasses and way tougher than APD, but they let some Hispanic guys go with a ticket for possession of a small amount of marijuana the other night. one of them even had a record (tho no warrants). i admit i was surprised. 

I love the story lines that play out over the night, usually  some drunk guy that they get multiple calls about through the night.

Then there was last weekend where the cop lost the guy he was chasing and he spent the next few hours trying to track him down, wonder if he ever made an arrest on that.

I have it on for background noise most weekends now that college football national night games are on the back burner. Good stuff knowing those guys are going to jail for an extensive period of time while you're cozied up on your couch in your sweats with a beer.

Love the high speed chases

I don't think I've ever seen a tree do that to a car. That would have not been pretty if there was someone in the passenger seat

Yea that was an incredible wreck. As an aside, Officer Kennedy seems to be an insufferable prick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/7/2019 at 6:36 AM, mchookem said:

i always heard Williamson County was full of hardasses and way tougher than APD, but they let some Hispanic guys go with a ticket for possession of a small amount of marijuana the other night. one of them even had a record (tho no warrants). i admit i was surprised. 

You don’t suppose cop behavior changes when a tv camera crew is shadowing them, do you?

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 9:48 AM, TornACL said:

How much do these dipshit criminals get paid to sign a waiver letting them use the footage? 

I've wondered how they get away with this but there's no way they are getting waivers from anyone. The show broadcasts live

I have seen some blurred faces in the segments that aired previously, though

3 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

I've wondered how they get away with this but there's no way they are getting waivers from anyone. The show broadcasts live

I have seen some blurred faces in the segments that aired previously, though

I hate to break it to you, but that show is not actually live. 

• 1 month later...

here is one thing I have learned watching this (including the last episode of season 2 which I am watching now)

you have to be damn careful out there on the roadways about 65% of the people out there are armed......with a damn dildo

it started out that one highway patrol officer in Phoenix was the one finding all the dildos and busting the sex freaks, but here lately about every other time they search a car they find a damn rubber dong

tonight was a battery operated remote control vibrator egg thing

ROUND ROCK — A Williamson County sheriff’s commander during a staff meeting challenged his deputies to have sex with a “Live PD” television show producer, according to a grievance filed last week.

Attorney Robert McCabe told the American-Statesman he filed a sexual harassment/improper conduct grievance April 4 with the Williamson County sheriff’s office against Cmdr. Steve Deaton. According to the grievance, Deaton was in a shift briefing with 20 deputies, lieutenants and sergeants on March 12 when he started making sexual remarks about one of “Live PD’s” female producers.

Deaton, a patrol division commander and a former assistant chief with the Austin Police Department, declined to comment Friday.

Sheriff Robert Chody said Friday that he couldn’t comment about a pending investigation.

RELATED: Williamson sheriff gets approval for deputies to be on ‘Live PD’ show

“Live PD” has been filming Williamson County deputies and featuring them on episodes that have recently aired on the A&E Network. A&E did not respond immediately to a request for comment Friday.

Deaton first told the deputies during the meeting that he needed to know which one of them had slept with one of the producers of the show, the grievance said.

“No one in the room responded,” the document said. Deaton then said that he knew someone in the room had had sex with the producer, the grievance said.

“After getting no response from those present, Deaton then began to explain how ‘Live PD’ exchanges producers after each season,” according to the grievance. Deaton said it was his goal to have one of his deputies have sex with the producer before she left, the complaint said.

“There was an awkward silence in the room, which prompted some deputies to start making jokes about who might be the one to accomplish this goal for Commander Deaton,” according to the grievance. Four women were present during the meeting, including three deputies and one sergeant, the complaint said.

“This grievance is being filed on behalf of our members who fear retaliation as a result of reporting this incident or subsequent discipline for failure to report a policy violation,” McCabe wrote in the complaint. He said the members include deputies who were present during the remarks and are members of the Texas Municipal Police Association.

McCabe told the Statesman on Friday that he had also sent a copy of the grievance to all the members of the Williamson County Commissioners Court just to ensure an investigation took place.

McCabe sent the grievance to the professional standards division of the Williamson County sheriff’s office. The most serious complaints are investigated by the Internal Affairs Section and the less serious allegations are sent to the individual officer’s division for investigation, according to the sheriff’s website.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190412/williamson-sheriffs-commander-asked-deputies-to-have-sex-with-tv-producer-lawyer-alleges?fbclid=IwAR2ZRtMsGLXsbQPNOClylaM_iRr56X8_buuwNzhlXCKpZxf6rEovHcHn7sI

besides all the dildos and sex toys another crazy aspect is the number of frequent flyers on the show

they have 5 or 6 people now that have been on at least 3 episodes starting with the guy that was eating like about a 3 pound ham just whole taking bites off of it

plus the shitty motel in South Carolina you think they would have zero business by now at least from junkies and whore, but they keep showing up there and doing dumb ass shit in the parking lot to get the cops on them and then into their rooms

two things I've learned about Rhode Island....get drunk as fuck say and do whatever you want,  their cops will drive you home or take you to the hospital, never jail...seems a large portion of their population lives in a holiday inn express, hampton inn, etc or at least hangs out there a majority of the time 

On 4/26/2019 at 3:35 PM, ButtFumble said:

besides all the dildos and sex toys another crazy aspect is the number of frequent flyers on the show

they have 5 or 6 people now that have been on at least 3 episodes starting with the guy that was eating like about a 3 pound ham just whole taking bites off of it

plus the shitty motel in South Carolina you think they would have zero business by now at least from junkies and whore, but they keep showing up there and doing dumb ass shit in the parking lot to get the cops on them and then into their rooms

There was that one trooper in Arizona in the first season that would find a sex toy each week basically.  I remember them making reference to it many times on the show each week when he would find one..  Oh and I forgot about Ham Guy, he was all hero.

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

There was that one trooper in Arizona in the first season that would find a sex toy each week basically.  I remember them making reference to it many times on the show each week when he would find one..  Oh and I forgot about Ham Guy, he was all hero.

yea he was the one that started it off then somehow they were all finding them

4 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I would think the first takeaway would be saying “no” to a voluntary search of ones vehicle. 

How many of these stops end with a ticket or less had they declined the search?

”Oh sure Mr Officer, I’ll let you look through my vehicle where I know I’m hiding something!”

all that gets you is a wait until the dog comes to sniff 

4 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

yea he was the one that started it off then somehow they were all finding them

all that gets you is a wait until the dog comes to sniff 

they still have to have probable cause to have the dog sniff the vehicle.  and you telling them "No" to a search request is not probable cause. They have to have seen something in plain sight, or watched you hiding something, smell something, or witness you do something supicious, that allows them to search the vehicle if you decline, and they cant call a canine unit everytime you get pulled over.

Yes, a cop could lie and say they had some cause, and then you have to wait till the dog comes up, but then again, that gives you a chance to have the search thrown out if its remotely "iffy"

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

they still have to have probable cause to have the dog sniff the vehicle.  and you telling them "No" to a search request is not probable cause. They have to have seen something in plain sight, or watched you hiding something, smell something, or witness you do something supicious, that allows them to search the vehicle if you decline, and they cant call a canine unit everytime you get pulled over.

Yes, a cop could lie and say they had some cause, and then you have to wait till the dog comes up, but then again, that gives you a chance to have the search thrown out if its remotely "iffy"

this is not true at all

if they have the probable cause you list then they are going to search without the dog

if you say no to a search they can bring the dog weather you like it or not the dog does not "search" the vehicle it simple goes outside the vehicle until it alerts on something then they can have the dog go in the vehicle based on that cause

I am not arguing if this is how it should be, but they can bring the dog for no reason at all if they want and it stands up in court time and again

there is suppose to be a reasonable limit on how long they can detain you to wait for the dog, but in most urban areas they will have a dog there well within any hypothetical limits

in a more rural area if you know what you are doing and what to say you may well get to roll out if they cannot get a dog there in about 15 minutes or so

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/239513-court-rules-cops-cant-hold-suspects-to-wait-for-dog

there is the case there....it is up to you if you want to argue that you were detained beyond the reasonable traffic stop

if you are pulled over by an officer with a dog they can have him sniff immediately as they are waiting for a license check

if they are dragging ass on a license check and another officer arrives well you have a long court case ahead of you to prove that

in the supreme court case listed above the cops had already checked his license and issued him the warning for driving on the shoulder before asking for a search so at that point their business was over with him so that gave him the out to take it all the way to the supreme court to finally get off

in most cases now the officer will have the dog on the way (and most likely there) before tickets are issues and before they get the radio call back to clear you of warrants

I am not arguing if this is right or wrong, but I am saying what happens every day all day and that often stands up....and again if the dog is there from the get go then it can sniff no issues no matter what no cause needed because they will have the dog out and on the car well before any license check comes back

If they think you have something, then of course they will find a way. It just amazes me at the level of stupidity seen with so many stops. Following Chris Rocks advice will go a long way, as will not driving like a dumbfuck to get pulled over in the first place. 

How many times do you hear about big busts that started with a simple, fully avoidable, traffic stop? Speeding, light out, failure to signal, etc? 

TL;DR: criminals are dumb. 

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

If they think you have something, then of course they will find a way. It just amazes me at the level of stupidity seen with so many stops. Following Chris Rocks advice will go a long way, as will not driving like a dumbfuck to get pulled over in the first place. 

How many times do you hear about big busts that started with a simple, fully avoidable, traffic stop? Speeding, light out, failure to signal, etc? 

TL;DR: criminals are dumb. 

yea the vast majority on live PD are just morons....when you have plates that do not match the car (so car not properly registered either), no inspection (if required), no insurance, and not only no drivers license, but they don't even have an ID and they can't remember their birthday......you better believe your ass is going to sit there until the dog comes and they will be searching that car

hell with that they do not even need the dog because they can tow the car for no license and no insurance in most states so with that they can search it prior to towing it.....what pisses me off is when they end up and let those assholes drive off

the cops that I see on live PD that come closest to pushing the limits are in Richmond, SC they make a lot of "contact" with people which is actually legal (the cops can walk up and talk to you on the streets just like you can walk up and talk to them), but they take advantage of the fact that those morons have no place to walk off to that the police cannot follow them to like into their front yard or back inside their house ....it is actually not legal as far as I know (outside of airports and a few other places) for the cops to just walk up on you with a dog when they do not have other cause to contact you (walking up and talking to you is not cause), but most in Richmond, SC are doing their stupid shit out in the open enough that when walked up on the cops already see or smell the weed or crack

plus a lot of those hotel and Cstore owners have given them permission to be on the property so that means the people out there loitering can't really go anywhere but back into their room if at a hotel and hope to have any legal privacy and right to not be searched....and most of them are 20 parking spaces down from their room that is up stairs so it is too late when they get walked up on....or even if they walk in the Cstore and try and say they were doing business the cops have nothing really stopping them from following them right in the store and still questioning them because the owner has welcomed them onto the property

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

That's it right there. "I detect the odor of MJ about your vehicle or person" is what they will say, whether they really do or don't. 

Stumbled across a new series they have now, Live Rescue. Follows paramedics around. The episode I saw was pretty mundane. SoCal paramedics responded to a lady that fainted outside a Doc in the box. Pretty clear she didn't get the service she wanted inside so she walked out and called 911. Of course as soon as they strapped her in to go to the hospital she didn't want to go because she would have to pay. I'd imagine there's a lot of that.

• 1 month later...