Live PD

Bobby Light

Very sorry to see A&E decision to cancel Live PD, which is the only reality program worth a shit.  Several missing kids have been found via airing their images and details over the years.  As someone posted above, the entertainment arises from the incredibly stupid shit people do.  A final irony: reality show is axed because the perception of what is a bad idea has more impact than the reality.  Ain't this a bitch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DallasGatr said:

BS decision. Great show that rarely showed any serious crime. It was more about the stupid people that the Police have to deal with.

Hiding the shooting in WilCo didn't help.

It got canceled because of this situation, right?

That has to make you wonder how much of it is “reality tv” if they’re only putting out what they want to put out. You know, so they can create their own narrative. Destroying (or being told to destroy) such a critical piece of evidence is unforgivable in this situation. What am I missing here? Don’t they have to get canceled?

10 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

The First 48 has to go.  A program based on diligent police work solving murders fails the current narrative.

I'm thinking they cancel this as well, since so many of the 'guests' on the show are in a certain demographic. 

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Word is their policy to delete all footage after a period of time. They didn’t want police using their footage to prosecute people.

Apparently they didn’t air it because they aren’t allowed to show someone dying , or so they said

I don’t care what their policy says. Anyone with a brain knows that footage is critical evidence. You have someone on camera dying. I don’t know, man. Just seems very fishy to me. I don’t see how common sense would say “oh it was just protocol. I know. Dude, dead on camera, evidence, etc. Fuck it, time to get rid of it like it’s any other random piece of footage.” That just doesn’t make any sense. 

42 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I'm thinking they cancel this as well, since so many of the 'guests' on the show are in a certain demographic. 

What does that have to do with why they canceled ADP? If there was a situation on first 48 where the show destroyed critical evidence that would indict a police officer, to me, that ruins the entire integrity of the show. How could you trust that it’s showing the full picture? If that happened, yeah, cancel that shit too I guess.

So like none of you see a problem of turning police work into a for profit reality show that incentivises cops to escalate situations in order to garner better ratings? I mean what could possibly go wrong, I mean besides what happened?

This. It’s a terrible idea to have armed agents of the state with an incentive to perform for the camera. Everyone knows that the key to successful reality tv is “create drama.” It’s why the real housewives toss glasses of wine in each other’s faces. That’s a really, really bad dynamic to introduce to policing.

Fucking bullshit knee jerk reaction

This. I hear they are also pressuring Nickelodeon to pull “Paw Patrol.” Having a talking dog in a police uniform weekly save the mayor’s pet chicken “Chickarella” sends a dangerous message.

It’s too stupid to be true. The lunatics are in charge.

• Like 1

This. It’s a terrible idea to have armed agents of the state with an incentive to perform for the camera. Everyone knows that the key to successful reality tv is “create drama.” It’s why the real housewives toss glasses of wine in each other’s faces. That’s a really, really bad dynamic to introduce to policing.

I didn’t watch for the cops... i watched for the police chases

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

This. I hear they are also pressuring Nickelodeon to pull “Paw Patrol.” Having a talking dog in a police uniform weekly save the mayor’s pet chicken “Chickarella” sends a dangerous message.

It’s too stupid to be true. The lunatics are in charge.

Lol again, if the producers of paw patrol INTENTIONALLY destroyed critical evidence that could’ve led to an indictment for one of the officers that they were working with...

then yeah, I would say cancel paw patrol too. What part of this am I missing? I don’t care what their BS policy is. Anyone with common sense would say “hey, maybe hold on to that footage. We might need it some day.” Destroying it just seems way too fishy. Almost like it was a direct order. A loophole for how to get out of a sketchy situation. 

Lol again, if the producers of paw patrol INTENTIONALLY destroyed critical evidence that could’ve led to an indictment for one of the officers that they were working with...
then yeah, I would say cancel paw patrol too. What part of this am I missing? I don’t care what their BS policy is. Anyone with common sense would say “hey, maybe hold on to that footage. We might need it some day.” Destroying it just seems way too fishy. Almost like it was a direct order. A loophole for how to get out of a sketchy situation. 

This whole conversation is going way over your head.
  • Like 1

I'm willing to bet the cancelation had mostly to do with the Live PD producers deleting the footage of cops killing Javier. There is ZERO chance A&E's policy was to delete footage that involved a fatality and the policy of deleting footage so it can't be used by police against victims would not apply here. The lawyers for A&E drove this decision and it was a wise one. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/ae-has-lost-half-its-viewers-since-dropping-live-pd

A&E has lost half its viewers since dropping ‘Live PD’

Before A&E pulled the show, its prime-time viewership was up 4% from the same period in 2019

By Joe Flint The Wall Street Journal

A&E is owned by NBC, ABC/Disney & Hearst.  It is not coming back on there.

Nor should it: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kvue.com/amp/article/news/local/williamson-county/live-pd-williamson-county-sheriffs-office-raid-cedar-park-robert-chody/269-407e78f8-c9e1-4d40-a04c-cea98a36099b

“The highly weaponized arrest came just three-and-a-half hours after Asher Watsky went through security and sat in a courtroom, just feet away from armed guards and bailiffs.

Williamson County District Attorney Shawn Dick and others wondered why deputies didn’t arrest Watsky when he came to court as they routinely do with other defendants.

Dick said he inquired about the incident at the time and that sheriff’s officials acknowledged removing the warrant from the system so no one would see it that day. Dick said sheriff’s officials told him they considered Watsky dangerous and that arresting him with the SWAT team was safer.

Sheriff Robert Chody did not return KVUE's requests for comment.

Force in question

The May 2, 2019, arrest places new scrutiny on an agency already facing questions about its tactics and what some complain are overly aggressive law enforcement actions during what experts say should have been peaceful, non-confrontational encounters.

Three former Williamson County investigators with the sheriff’s office, who are no longer with the agency, said that it was not unusual days before “Live PD” tapings for supervisors to ask them to move forward with getting warrants for suspects who could be arrested on the show.”

With only a couple of exceptions, WilCo deputy sheriffs were easily the most aggressive and assholish law enforcement officers featured on Live PD.  No surprise that a WilCo over the top arrest brought down the most interesting nonfiction program on cable.  The show was a primer on "how not to get your ass whupped by the po-lice" (it was a Chappelle or Chris Rock quote, so don't lynch me for staying it).   A human life was lost because law enforcement officers were poorly trained, poorly supervised and terribly unenlightened.  I would love to hear Tom Morris, Jr.'s take on the whole fiasco.

Edited by Bama Llama
  • Like 1

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/ae-has-lost-half-its-viewers-since-dropping-live-pd

A&E has lost half its viewers since dropping ‘Live PD’

Before A&E pulled the show, its prime-time viewership was up 4% from the same period in 2019

By Joe Flint The Wall Street Journal

Thatsashameseinfeldpopcorn.gif

I guess there’s always hoarders hill you can die on