16 year olds voting?

Macanudo

So 16 year olds have the required mental and emotional maturity to make their call for POTUS but not the required mental and emotional maturity to know whether or not they want to have sex.   Do I have that right?

If you're going to give 16 year olds the right to vote, let them drink and fuck at their own discretion, as well.  

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

So 16 year olds have the required mental and emotional maturity to make their call for POTUS but not the required mental and emotional maturity to know whether or not they want to have sex.   Do I have that right?

If you're going to give 16 year olds the right to vote, let them drink and fuck at their own discretion, as well.  

My 16 year old maturity level  self just made you king of the world...  at 16 those were my main cares.  I voted Carter @ 18, I suspect most kids are more liberal in their youth, which is a good thing IMO.

1 hour ago, NBMisha said:

Goddam, OB, we were on opposite sides that election!

I've always respected Mr. Carter.  I voted for Reagan in his second term 

I have a cross the aisles voting history, especially at the state level, and with the US Senatorial/congressional candidates.  I love to poke the bear at the democrats because they have such a holier than thou attitude at times IMO, but recognize the hypocrisy of the GOP as well.  

• Like 1

Having our country’s politics infect 10th, 11th and 12th grade can’t have any negative consequences.  I can’t think of any negatives of having Sophomore D’s and Sophomore R’s at each other’s throats.
’’

You often think about sophomore d’s and throats?
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I've always respected Mr. Carter.  I voted for Reagan in his second term 

I have a cross the aisles voting history, especially at the state level, and with the US Senatorial/congressional candidates.  I love to poke the bear at the democrats because they have such a holier than thou attitude at times IMO, but recognize the hypocrisy of the GOP as well.  

I had voted McGovern in 72, being 18 yr old draft eligible freshman.  4 years later I was a new grad and Carter was proposing the windfall profits tax.  Thus I started voting my pocketbook.  This generally became voting my personal contentment for several decades until the second gulf war.  That was a Bush issue rather than a party issue.  After than began the slow conversion of the pub party by the tea party and other "populist" movements, which closed the door for me.  I don't contest the moral high ground stance of the dems, but would remind you it is the pubs who say Trump is God's choice.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBMisha said:

I had voted McGovern in 72, being 18 yr old draft eligible freshman.  4 years later I was a new grad and Carter was proposing the windfall profits tax.  Thus I started voting my pocketbook.  This generally became voting my personal contentment for several decades until the second gulf war.  That was a Bush issue rather than a party issue.  After than began the slow conversion of the pub party by the tea party and other "populist" movements, which closed the door for me.  I don't contest the moral high ground stance of the dems, but would remind you it is the pubs who say Trump is God's choice.   

Yeah that whole Gods choice thing bugs the shit out of me. If there were a God (no intent to insult anyone if they believe), he'd have smote him years ago.

Damn, and here I thought I was an old.  This is a gotdamn senior center up in here.  McGovern?  Carter?  Wonder if Brat voted for Adams or Jefferson in his first election.

Edit- and the idea of 16 year olds voting is retarded.  They don't have the wherewithal, on average, to make informed decisions.  Neither does most of the rest of the electorate, but 16 yo's even less so.

Edited by Sbbruin