post awesome live performances of kickass songs here

BigOrange1

Rich Brotherton tipped me off to this tune.  In general, I'm not a big fan of Irish music -- must be my English/Scottish background coming out -- but this tribute to a friend by these two gentlemen will definitely spark some allergies if you listen all the way through.  Somewhere about 2/3 of the way through the song it just settles into the most gorgeous, timeless melody.  Stunning.

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

Soul Hat meets Fastball. 

Tony has to be one of the most natural musicians I've ever met.  Fastball used to rent out my studio to write and record the occasional demo, and one day I went out there to get something.  Tony was teaching himself piano using a book of Bach etudes or some such.  I ended up selling him my piano -- he put it to far better use than I ever would have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Tony has to be one of the most natural musicians I've ever met.  Fastball used to rent out my studio to write and record the occasional demo, and one day I went out there to get something.  Tony was teaching himself piano using a book of Bach etudes or some such.  I ended up selling him my piano -- he put it to far better use than I ever would have.

That's awesome!  I really like his piano parts in that song. 

I've always always thought that Kevin has really great natural instincts with the guitar.  I saw Soul Hat so many times in college, I practically learned a lot of the lead parts I still play from watching Kevin and Billy play.

Edited by dcbc

• 3 weeks later...