Game 31: Texas vs TCU, 11 AM, ESPN2

Machinator

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

i would much rather the belmont/murray state loser get in than this texas team.

Exactly.  Reward one of those good small conference teams with an actual chance of winning a game in the tourney than this soft, weak-minded, offensively-deficient Texas squad.

CDC is on the now program.  Mediocrity is not part of the program when you have the resources we have. Buyout will factor in but won’t be deterrent to getting rid of a below average coach.  It was an OK hire at the time, but not a great hire and is now proven to be a bad hire. He gone. Today sealed it and our one and done NIT will confirm it. 

Edited by jdhorn92

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

How did this no-talent assclown ever get a team to the Final Four? Good fucking bye, Shaka.

4 years at Texas and it's looking like zero tourney wins.

61-60 overall record, 26-36 conference record.

12th highest paid coach in college basketball.

Not good.

Edited by Blotto

1 minute ago, jdhorn92 said:

CDC is on the now program.  Mediocrity is not part of the program when you have the resources we have. Buyout will factor in but won’t be deterrent to getting rid of a below average coach.  If was an OK hire, but not a great hire. He gone. Today sealed it and our one and done NIT will confirm it. 

the good thing is that CDC called his shot.  time to back it the fuck up.  you have 4 years of data.

it was not an OK hire it was a bullshit knee jerk feel good decision by a guy who had no business being an AD.  the guy had one miracle in a small conf he'd never even won.  He owes the players on that team pretty much his entire career.

35 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the good thing is that CDC called his shot.  time to back it the fuck up.  you have 4 years of data.

it was not an OK hire it was a bullshit knee jerk feel good decision by a guy who had no business being an AD.  the guy had one miracle in a small conf he'd never even won.  He owes the players on that team pretty much his entire career.

Just looked at his record. His second season at VCU was a final four but then he went out in round of 32 twice and after that he was out in the round of 64 twice. His reward for doing worse every season after his second season was for us to hire the guy.

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

The thinking was, he had made the tournament all those years while being at VCU.  How far he went wasn't really a factor.

and winning a game in the tournament at vcu is pretty much their ceiling.  it's not like he was winning those games as a high seed.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

I remember following the basketball team and having fun doing it. I have tried over the past few years but every time I do they do crap that just makes me turn them off again.

It's just ugly, stupid, sloppy basketball in almost every conceivable way. It's punishing to watch.

that was almost 25 years to the day we beat TCU in Ft. Worth to win the SWC outright-- one of the most lopsided games I ever saw us play, it was like we had 7 defenders on the court. 111-78 the final-- I wish I could find the box score, Rod Anderson and BJ Tyler must have had a dozen steals between them.

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

I don't think it's the only problem.

As a casual-ish bball watcher, that's what stand out to me.... I don't see championship level players.

no but they are players that should be competing for 2nd or 3rd in the conf.   a lot of good to great programs wanted them.  Shaka coaches them into bottom dwellers.

17 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

It's just ugly, stupid, sloppy basketball in almost every conceivable way. It's punishing to watch.

Yep.   Taking low percentage shots instead of trying to pass it around and look for one with plenty of time on the shot clock.  

Big guys who can't rebound on offense worth a shit.

This season along with the last one have been hard to watch.  On top of Smart not even trying to develop players.     Watching paint dry or grass grow would have been more constructive.   

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:
17 hours ago, dcar00 said:
no but they are players that should be competing for 2nd or 3rd in the conf.   a lot of good to great programs wanted them.  Shaka coaches them into bottom dwellers.

That's like Kansas level this year... Nah.

They beat Kansas by 10 at home and came a jumper away from beating them in AFH.

After the 2017 season I decided I was done really following Texas basketball. I watched parts of a couple of games last year and my decision was confirmed. This year I didn't watch anything, aside from the last 7 minutes of the Baylor debacle. It's been really good having all of that extra free time. CDC better understand that there's no way I'm the only person of that mindset and make a change ASAP.

20 hours ago, Machinator said:

And NC.  And the B1G winner.   And won @ KSU.

But also got swept by TCU and lost to Georgia.

They do make meds for bipolar disorder.

20 hours ago, Machinator said:

That is true....

What is also true...

Kansas will go in with no lube at all Thursday night, late game, in KC.

It will not be pretty and we will be invited to the NIT which we should decline by the way.