Cobra Kai

Red Five

On 9/28/2020 at 4:52 PM, HoffaJimmy said:

Wife and I finished last week and both loved it. Perfect amount of cheese. Just solid entertainment. 

Same, and then we watched the first movie and when it turned out that she'd never seen the second or third, we fired those up too. We made it through the second one, but only by MST3King the shit out of it, because it's pretty hilarious. But even taking the piss out of the third one wasn't enough to get her through it, she tapped out less than thirty minutes in.

That third Karate Kid movie is unbelievably, hilariously, bad. 

• 3 weeks later...

There was a head bobbing scene in season 2?

Overall I’m enjoying it. Johnny is great. I wish they wouldn’t rely so heavily on the “I don’t have any info and I’m going to jump to conclusions” plot device. I get if they don’t want to make Danny and Johnny best buds or even if they want to make it a slow payoff, just find a different way to advance the story. They do that with every single character. I hope the ghost of Miogi comes back and kills Crese  (I don’t think I spelled either name right). 

Wonder if they will tie the next karate kid in with a cameo or if they are just going to pretend it didn’t happen  

I checked and all the main females (moms and students) are over 20.  I don’t feel bad about myself anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2020 at 11:24 AM, RDCanecutter said:

Glad I watched the whole thing, first season definitely superior.

Can barely tolerate anyone in the LaRusso household. Smarmy dad, glaring high-strung mom, fat slow daughter, and why the hell hasn't the son been tossed into a pool with all his devices, THAT's the dude who needs some bullying in this bully genre.

Not particularly interested in seeing Ali come back, she'd be more of the LaRusso-style blah. If Johnnie can't get it going with Carmen, I wish he'd go for slump-buster action with pot-smoking pregnancy-joke-making understanding-the-violence-of-men Yaya. Then there could be a scene where she cuts a new girlfriend and torches his car herself.

mary mouser has type 1 diabetes.  dick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Thought this season was weaker than the other two but I still enjoyed it. Doubt we'll see Ali again as it looked like they talked Shue into one episode for fan service. 

Maybe I missed where shue is making tons of huge hit movies still? I don’t get why they won’t come back full time. I need a scene where danielson new wife walks in on him pile driving Ali in the dojo then her and Ali get into a karate match naked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Maybe I missed where shue is making tons of huge hit movies still? I don’t get why they won’t come back full time. I need a scene where danielson new wife walks in on him pile driving Ali in the dojo then her and Ali get into a karate match naked. 

Why do people not watch the end credits?

18 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Well I watched them all back to back so it felt like one. 

I think her story is done.  Love how they showed the other side of her breakup with Daniel and how she cut through a lot of the BS with both of them/brought them together.  And her closing scene with Johnny was perfect.  Him whispering "I needed this" as they hugged was just perfect.

On 1/5/2021 at 10:06 AM, Johnny Sack said:

I think her story is done.  Love how they showed the other side of her breakup with Daniel and how she cut through a lot of the BS with both of them/brought them together.  And her closing scene with Johnny was perfect.  Him whispering "I needed this" as they hugged was just perfect.

Both her goodbyes to Daniel and Johnny were immaculate writing and acting.  

18 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

This show is the perfect mix of cheesiness and nostalgia. The writing is pretty good too once you get past the ridiculousness of karate gangs running around LA

I love the scenes where Johnny is still stuck in the 80s

What am I supposed to say? Long walks on the beach? I like muscle cars, martial arts, and "Iron Eagle". And "Iron Eagle II". Why aren't you texting this down? Computer dating is your idea.

Who gives a shit? 

I enjoyed Ali's return and also her goodbye. There wasn't a need to have her back as a regular. Much like Kumiko was there to move Daniel forward, Ali was there to move Johnny forward. She also brought some much needed good acting to the show. I'm glad Hawk is back to Eli and Robbie is still a moron but at least without dumb hair. This show really loves to throw people through windows. An enjoyable season but I enjoyed the ridiculousness of the school fight much more.