Cobra Kai

Red Five

On 1/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, Ted Lange said:

Google maps says it takes 32 hours to drive from LA to MC, so by Bus your are probably talking 180 hours.   180 hours of sitting next to BUS people, vs spending $200 more for a flight.  

186 if you count the stops to feed and water the animals on the roof of the bus.

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The whole show is ridiculous at this point and doesn’t laugh at itself nearly enough anymore but it’s still fun. 

Agreed. 90% of the time I yell “oh come on” or groin but I like that. When they aren’t ridiculous enough and just give up on being that, then they definitely harm themselves. Going to a dry well one too many times is the opposite of fun and ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Truly ridiculous stuff. I still think it's fun, but the stakes are so low and evokes full-on bananas behavior from *all* of the characters. Youth karate is serious bidness

Once you see it as Fansville but with karate it's hard to unsee it. 

• Haha 1

Finished it up. I think the finale made me extremely happy but it will definitely be an interesting season 6 (if it happens, not currently picked up). 

Spoiler

Mrs. LaRusso in that red dress and dancing made the season great. 
Stingrays see better at night should go down as one of the great lines of this show. 
Don’t know who is left to bring back from old movies for the new villain. Kumiko in a heel turn? It will need an international villain for the next completion. Kumiko thing was a joke but wouldn’t it be awesome. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth

Ended up on ep 7 somehow over the past few days.  Still love all the throwbacks and some comedy...the show has been consistent.  At least it isn't just about the kids fighting and all valley like last season.   

Chozen has definitely aged the most, I mean it looks like him still.....but hard to believe it's the cocky original character lol.  He is an awesome addition.

Kreese was a great villain, but Silver is excellent at it.  F that guy.

They should find some random spare that was in the original karate kid as a extra at the tournament, like the first guy Daniel beat who has stewed over the loss and comes back for a second chance. But this time it’s serious. 

or my original idea of Daniel catching Johnny pile driving that smoke show of a wife. And just saying “this is badass” after every thrust. 

On 9/13/2022 at 8:57 AM, Red Five said:

Once you see it as Fansville but with karate it's hard to unsee it. 

I view it as a more civilized and less lethal John Wick universe where karate grudges, dojo prestige, and frequent public brawls where nobody gets seriously hurt replace doubloons, celebrity assassins, and large-scale creative slaughter of goons in terms of the wild leaps of faith we're just supposed to accept as normal. But yeah, "the valley" is an alternate universe for sure. 

The fact that Chozen's drink of choice is a Long Island Iced Tea cracked me up. He's an uptight old Asian guy, not a Jersey Shore harlot. 

Hats off to the casting director for finding so many kids that you want to punch though - they really nail most of the "dickhead kid" roles. 

Tori is going to look like Patty Solis-Papagian from Goliath when she gets older. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

On 9/14/2022 at 8:51 AM, mdmost said:

The Young Guns 2 bit when Johnny was trying to get Miguel and Robbie to get past their feud was excellent. 

Obviously, you’re Chavez.

just finished e6 and out of the blue, I started remembering how much of the show used to take place at his dealership, and when was the last time it was even mentioned other than Mike Barnes saying he saw the commercials. 

and then they had a whole different extended scene with tori in a bikini, but make larusso wear a one piece for her chamber soak. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I kept waiting for the big reveal that Mike Fucking Barnes was really working with Silver the whole time, but it never happened. 

Spoiler

i was thinkin silver and chozen were in on it... daniel was talkin about not getting over grudges, and kept panning to chozen eyes...  i guess im wrong.

also.. female instructor and crease gotta have some history.. she was the little girl hiding behind the pots that crease winked to right?