Cobra Kai

Red Five

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I gotta pay for a new service just to watch this?  Explosion of providers making original content is great and all, but who can keep up?  

all this a la carte is going to cost more than the cable bill i got rid of.

guess i'll sub-binge-unsub a few providers.

On 3/26/2018 at 3:08 AM, Lhorn said:

I gotta pay for a new service just to watch this?  Explosion of providers making original content is great and all, but who can keep up?  

It'll be around to be seen if you know where to look. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sepinwall Review:

https://uproxx.com/sepinwall/cobra-kai-review-karate-kid-youtube-red/

he calls it:

it’s compulsively watchable, emotionally engaging, and almost always one step ahead of where you think it’s going.

It seems like it really surprised him how well it works, though he can't call it "good" on its own because it relies so heavily on being very familiar with the original Karate Kid movie and, to a lesser extent, the two sequels. All in all it's a very positive review that has me ready to watch the series. 

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Which sequel is the one where he goes to Japan? Because that's the only one I remember. What happened in the other one? 

Japan is 2. 3 is where Kreese comes back and has a rich buddy of his befriend Daniel and train him in harsher karate and be a wedge in between him and Miyagi.

Terry Silver.

A friend of mine and I laughed at the premise of 3. Silver is ready to risk his company and name just to get revenge on a high school kid. Very ... weird.

Then again, thinking about it - it sounds an awful lot like little league these days.