Cobra Kai

Red Five

On 1/21/2021 at 7:37 PM, Viper said:

Did they change the actor for Daniel's son or did he just lose weight. 

On 1/21/2021 at 8:33 PM, mdmost said:

New kid. They should've just had Sam as his only kid. Thankfully, the creators realized the character was lacking as he was barely there in Season 2 and only in one episode of 3. 

Believe it or not, it's the same kid.  I couldn't believe it myself.  Kid lost a lot of weight between whenever Season 1 was originally shot and now.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed how Krees' Vietnam flashbacks were themselves like a bad 80s Vietnam movie.

Still trying to get over the sight of his 1960s self carrying around a big black plastic garbage bag. It's not the 60s if you're not worried about the bottom falling out of a wet paper bag.

Fighting seems pretty slo-mo, but who cares. It;s not about Karate. At least it's not Wire-Fu.

Deliberately pacing it to get max enjoyment.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:09 AM, ulukinatme said:

Believe it or not, it's the same kid.  I couldn't believe it myself.  Kid lost a lot of weight between whenever Season 1 was originally shot and now.

They should have him work with the actress playing the daughter.

8 hours ago, Deej said:

They should have him work with the actress playing the daughter.

Or get a new costume designer or whatever. It was really dumb putting her in yoga pants and tight jeans the whole season. That dream sequence where she's fighting Peyton List in her jeans was cringe-worthy. She could barely move her legs. 

13 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Are you taking a crack at the great Casualties of War or am I just being hyper-sensitive?

I am thinking about a mish-mash of flashback scenes in the 1980 Magnum PI pilot, and vintage Kung Fu and Blaxploitation films that I watched obsessively back when we were learning to Covid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

I assume he's Miguel's father, right?

Kind of hope not.  A little too coincidental.  What are the odds that Silver's son randomly moves into the same apartment as Johnny Lawrence and becomes a Cobra Kai?

Edited by Johnny Sack

37 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Kind of hope not.  A little too coincidental.  What are the odds that Silver's son randomly moves into the same apartment as Johnny Lawrence and becomes a Cobra Kai?

Or that Johnny's estranged son and new karate  pupil get into a love triangle with his former hs rival's daughter for that matter.

It's kind of the show's MO, imo

Edited by TommyGufano

37 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Or that Johnny's estranged son and new karate  pupil get into a love triangle with his former hs rival's daughter for that matter.

It's kind of the show's MO, imo

That's explainable.  Robby sought out a job with Larusso Auto solely to piss of his dad.  So it is not all that random that he would meat Sam.

But Miguel being in the same apartment as Johnny?  That is random and there is no explanation I can think of it.

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

i guess i should watch 3 because i'm not remembering silver at all

Rich guy buddy of Creese takes time off from running his multi-million dollar empire to plot revenge against the All-Valley 18 and under karate champion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Kids enjoyed 1 and 2 earlier this year. Finally got around to watching 3 with them. Probably been 30 years since I’ve seen 3. Amazing how different things are through your eyes as a kid. I remember thinking it was ok, not great, and didn’t rewatch it like I did 1 and 2. It was absolutely awful. Kids enjoyed it, but they will probably look back in 30 years and wonder why dad made them watch this trash

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Peyton looking very rude. Love the mermaid outfit/nopedo

Spoiler

I'll admit I completely fell for the "she's a stripper!" YES!

Another fun season. They had some clever moments like the mermaid setup and minor characters almost breaking the third wall (like the countdown at the tournament). Doing a near perfect job of pushing the cheese envelope without going full CheezWhiz.

On 5/27/2021 at 5:26 PM, 66BUFF said:

Rich guy buddy of Creese takes time off from running his multi-million dollar empire to plot revenge against the All-Valley 18 and under karate champion.

Silver's explanation for this was hilarious.

rick james cocaine GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Kids enjoyed 1 and 2 earlier this year. Finally got around to watching 3 with them. Probably been 30 years since I’ve seen 3. Amazing how different things are through your eyes as a kid. I remember thinking it was ok, not great, and didn’t rewatch it like I did 1 and 2. It was absolutely awful. Kids enjoyed it, but they will probably look back in 30 years and wonder why dad made them watch this trash

Karate Kid 3 is only good because it was so bad and Terry Silver can only be appreciated within that context which I feel is dragging this storyline down a little. Rehab Terry Silver isn't very fun.

• Haha 1