Jack Graelish attacked by a fan while on the pitch this morning

Goo Punch

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So both a fan and a steward, did Grealish go around fucking every girl in blue for the last month or something?

It's a young good Villa player who isn't afraid to sing his own praises. I'm surprised he hasn't been stabbed yet considering the BCFC fans are direct descendants of the Peaky Blinders.

working class British soccer fans make our working class NFL fans look like well educated, progressive champions of human rights. ive been on reddit for six years now and by far the most miserable, uneducated, perpetually angry and belligerent group of people i've come across are English soccer fans. they all seem to just be poor, miserable, pasty cunts.

14 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

working class British soccer fans make our working class NFL fans look like well educated, progressive champions of human rights. ive been on reddit for six years now and by far the most miserable, uneducated, perpetually angry and belligerent group of people i've come across are English soccer fans. they all seem to just be poor, miserable, pasty cunts.

Latin America and Europe just think about the game differently. Remember @Zepol87 leaving Azteca or England's fans at the 1990 World Cup. Anytime you get in a situation where opposing fans have to be separated by barbed wire or the riot police you know you're dealing with some fucked up people. Although it did give us one of the best worst movies of the 2000s.

• Like 1

I discussed the rise in popularity of the PL in America with a couple of English bartenders when I was in London about 18 months ago. They were both very surprised that the hooliganism is pretty much completely whitewashed for the American audience. They said that if you work the home pub of a team that loses a derby/critical match after a loss, there's a really good chance you're going to have a very long night with all the ensuing violence.

Also agree with the empty seaters.

3 hours ago, alincoln said:

Did you tell them that a significant majority of the American EPL fanbase consists of white upper middle class hipsters who are much more likely to go to a Bernie rally than get into a fight?  

My local pubs seem to pull a pretty diverse crowd.

Latin America and Europe just think about the game differently. Remember [mention=1192]Zepol87[/mention] leaving Azteca or England's fans at the 1990 World Cup. Anytime you get in a situation where opposing fans have to be separated by barbed wire or the riot police you know you're dealing with some fucked up people. Although it did give us one of the best worst movies of the 2000s.

Yep that was some crazy awesome shit. would Nevers we that here with the suburb soccer mom crowds we have.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Goo Punch said:

This looked like a match from South America, except that the fan was a little too well dressed and he seemed pleased with himself after one punch rather than continuing to go after the guy like a rabid dog, before being tackled and restrained by about 4 or more security personnel and he continued to struggle to get free and attack the player again.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:55 AM, SimonBolivar said:

Latin America and Europe just think about the game differently. Remember @Zepol87 leaving Azteca or England's fans at the 1990 World Cup. Anytime you get in a situation where opposing fans have to be separated by barbed wire or the riot police you know you're dealing with some fucked up people. Although it did give us one of the best worst movies of the 2000s.

Barbed Wire... or as they call it in South America...

"Un/um partido de fútbol/futebol."

Having 1 or so people die from soccer violence every year finally led to Argentina banning visiting fans for matches featuring "The Big 5":

-Boca Jrs
-River Plate
-San Lorenzo
-Racing
-Independiente

Tearing through the chainlink fence and trying to attack the opposing goalkeeper/defenders is a fairly normal thing to see on the Argentine news about once to thrice per season. They don't have 5 meter high fences (~16 1/2 feet) topped with barbed wire in front of the general admission areas in Boca's stadium for nothing.

I discussed the rise in popularity of the PL in America with a couple of English bartenders when I was in London about 18 months ago. They were both very surprised that the hooliganism is pretty much completely whitewashed for the American audience. They said that if you work the home pub of a team that loses a derby/critical match after a loss, there's a really good chance you're going to have a very long night with all the ensuing violence.
Also agree with the empty seaters.
Two of my cousins worked in a United pub for a couple years back when we were winning in the late 00s. Fortunately we won a lot and our fans were overwhelming in numbers, but they still had some stories that surprised me. All that trouble for sports... And growing up we lived within half mile of the stadium. On game nights we weren't allowed to leave the house. I don't remember this but apparently a couple times cars got flipped in our neighborhood. Not a bad neighborhood either.

Not a huge futbol fan here but much of my family is from Manchester.   Two of my cousins  were ball boys or whatever the fuck for Man U through the 90’s.  When we visited I was amazed how they all constantly fought.  I mean starting huge brawls as 12-14 yo’s.  

The culture there is so fucked.  Imagine our working class in the Midwest but add about 10 generations of that shit life piled up, each generation slightly worse off than the prior.  

They produce some seriously fucked up people.