2019 March Madness Qualifiers.....

LTtxfan

Thx USMC.....

Bradley is Tourney Bound....

Bradley rallied from an 18-point deficit in the second half and earned its first NCAA Tournament berth since 2006, beating Northern Iowa 57-54 Sunday in the Missouri Valley Conference championship game.

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx....   St Marys win is a big upset...... 🎶Dancing🎶 

West Coast Conf Champs.....

Love the underdog victories. I still remember when Gonzaga first started making the NCAA, and they were a perennial media darling cum Cinderella.  Those days are long gone.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Love the underdog victories. I still remember when Gonzaga first started making the NCAA, and they were a perennial media darling cum Cinderella.  Those days are long gone.

UMBC #16 defeats #1 Virginia  (2018)

"A 16-seed beating a No. 1 seed was right up there with hell freezing over, pigs flying, and Tristan Thompson staying faithful in a relationship. Good thing no one told UMBC that."

George Mason to Final Four.....  (2006)

"George Mason didn't get lucky in 2006. The school pulled upset after upset to prove they belonged on the biggest stage of the NCAA Tournament.  The Colonials ran through the competition reads like a hit list targeting the most prestigious programs in the country. It started with an improbable win against Michigan State, which was then followed up a close win against North Carolina. Wichita State was the next victim in the Sweet 16, but nothing will ever top their two-point win against UConn, which propelled George Mason to the Final Four—the first double-digit seed to reach those heights in the tournament's history. "

https://www.cleveland.com/tylt/2019/03/greatest-ncaa-tournament-upset-umbc-or-george-mason.html

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Games like this are why Gonzaga always seems like a pretender to me.

Gonzaga has made the second weekend four years in a row, including a national title game appearance and an Elite Eight.

People put too much stock into conference tournaments.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

Gonzaga has made the second weekend four years in a row, including a national title game appearance and an Elite Eight.

Hard to beat a team 3x in a season.  Good for SMC, missed out last season even though they won close to 30 games.  

Someone's bubble popped

It still bugs me how 4 teams get boned for playing in Dayton instead of getting the full experience and getting their shit pushed in by a 1 seed.

Dayton should be called the bubble off. Fill all of the 11s with teams that win the Dayton games. Power conference schools already get the entire season to make a resume...the 1 bid league schools who go to Dayton have to win the conference.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Getting hot at tourney time is nothing to ignore tho either. Think of some past Syracuse teams for example.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Someone's bubble popped

It still bugs me how 4 teams get boned for playing in Dayton instead of getting the full experience and getting their shit pushed in by a 1 seed.

Dayton should be called the bubble off. Fill all of the 11s with teams that win the Dayton games. Power conference schools already get the entire season to make a resume...the 1 bid league schools who go to Dayton have to win the conference.

Yeah, I could see this as a better idea. that making two sets of 16s play each other. I would also make it so that half the bids go to mid majors that won their regular season conference but lost their tournament, as long as they had a Top 50 net.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, I could see this as a better idea. that making two sets of 16s play each other. I would also make it so that half the bids go to mid majors that won their regular season conference but lost their tournament, as long as they had a Top 50 net.

I think this is fair, maybe add an SOS requirement as well.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I think this is fair, maybe add an SOS requirement as well.

Agree, if a mid/small major is willing to go out and play a tough as shit noncon so their SOS is top 60-70 and then they finish second in their league they should get a chance over P5 teams that have a built in conference SOS advantage and play cream puff noncon.  There is no reason a P5 program should play a SOS less than 75 just based on how the schedules play out.  Those teams have all year to prove they are "winners" instead of "we're good losers".  Let a 25 win lower team in the tourney instead of the middling P5 team.

I'm either all black or all white on the issue here.  I either want more small teams over middling big teams or I want you to line up the 68 best teams and let them in.  Disregard conference tourneys and just rank them 1-68 and let them in.  Seed them based on resume but if we have a 1-25 ranking there is no reason we can't have a 1-68 ranking without looking at everyone's resume.

My ideal situation is that P5 tells the NCAA to fuck off, we go to four 16 team conferences that govern themselves, and have a tourney between those 64 teams at the end of the year.  It'll never happen but conference alignment like this solves a fuckload of problems that the NCAA currently has.

5 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Agree, if a mid/small major is willing to go out and play a tough as shit noncon so their SOS is top 60-70 and then they finish second in their league they should get a chance over P5 teams that have a built in conference SOS advantage and play cream puff noncon.  There is no reason a P5 program should play a SOS less than 75 just based on how the schedules play out.  Those teams have all year to prove they are "winners" instead of "we're good losers".  Let a 25 win lower team in the tourney instead of the middling P5 team.

I'm either all black or all white on the issue here.  I either want more small teams over middling big teams or I want you to line up the 68 best teams and let them in.  Disregard conference tourneys and just rank them 1-68 and let them in.  Seed them based on resume but if we have a 1-25 ranking there is no reason we can't have a 1-68 ranking without looking at everyone's resume.

My ideal situation is that P5 tells the NCAA to fuck off, we go to four 16 team conferences that govern themselves, and have a tourney between those 64 teams at the end of the year.  It'll never happen but conference alignment like this solves a fuckload of problems that the NCAA currently has.

$10 this is precisely in the works. I don't like it, but can see it coming.

20 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Don’t know why I thought Colgate was Ivy,  good win for them, nice little area where they are at.  And Jenny Dell would get it. 

Jenny does a great job for CBS.....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, LTtxfan said:

UMBC #16 defeats #1 Virginia  (2018)

"A 16-seed beating a No. 1 seed was right up there with hell freezing over, pigs flying, and Tristan Thompson staying faithful in a relationship. Good thing no one told UMBC that."

Today..... 

Vermont is in..... UMBC's 2019 bubble burst

America East Championship

Vermont  66 ...........  UMBC  49

Catching up a few more in The Dance....

Iowa State       B12

Utah State        MW 

Prairie View A&M    SWAC

Villanova           Big East

Buffalo                MAC

Montana             Big Sky

Edited by LTtxfan