MotoGP 2019

UnivTex34

Guess I'll start this. First race was yesterday, and it looks like Andrea and Marc have picked up right where they left off last season. Those final few laps were just fantastic, and what a finish. Really surprised by the Honda nearly catching the Ducati at the line, had that been a start/finish at several of the tracks later in the year, I think the Honda out drags the Duc (which is really surprising based on the last few years). Rossi somehow still found his way into the top 5, and while Vinales was on pole, he really fucked up the start. Biggest Surprise for me were the Suzukis. Rins with a 4th, and Mir with 8th, and Rins gave Marc and Andrea several runs for their money. Are we finally back to a 4 manufacturer race? Also, super happy for Cal getting a podium. Was not expecting him to contend this early in the season with his injury. Crazy that he is the last British rider left in the field.

Edited by UnivTex34

Guess I'll start this. First race was yesterday, and it looks like Andrea and Marc have picked up right where they left off last season. Those final few laps were just fantastic, and what a finish. Really surprised by the Honda nearly catching the Ducati at the line, had that been a start/finish at several of the tracks later in the year, I think the Honda out drags the Duc (which is really surprising based on the last few years). Rossi somehow still found his way into the top 5, and while Vinales was on pole, he really fucked up the start. Biggest Surprise for me were the Suzukis. Rins with a 4th, and Mir with 8th, and Rins gave Marc and Andrea several runs for their money. Are we finally back to a 4 manufacturer race? Also, super happy for Cal getting a podium. Was not expecting him to contend this early in the season with his injury. Crazy that he is the last British rider left in the field.

Honda is better than it was last year in straight line performance, but that was pretty much all from the slipstream. Once in it’s own air it would stall a bit. Marc’s shoulder is still not 100% yet either, though.

Almost a carbon copy finish from last year.

fe1f22a2652e3cd1b8335f5a18e74a70.jpg

9 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Honda is better than it was last year in straight line performance, but that was pretty much all from the slipstream. Once in it’s own air it would stall a bit. Marc’s shoulder is still not 100% yet either, though.

Almost a carbon copy finish from last year.

fe1f22a2652e3cd1b8335f5a18e74a70.jpg

Wasn't sure if it was slip stream or not, but man he came charging, and it seems like we just had not seen that against a Duc the last few years.

Also, looking at those pictures makes me so sad. WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE DUCATI????? Last year's livery was so fucking clean, and I LOVED the matte. This year is way too busy.

Edited by UnivTex34

2 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Wasn't sure if it was slip stream or not, but man he came charging, and it seems like we just had not seen that against a Doc the last few years.

Also, looking at those pictures makes me so sad. WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE DUCATI????? Last year's livery was so fucking clean, and I LOVED the matte. This year is way too busy.

Blame Marlboro.

Wasn't sure if it was slip stream or not, but man he came charging, and it seems like we just had not seen that against a Doc the last few years.

I think a lot of it was because Dovi had to compromise his corner exit since he knew Marc would try to pass there (like he did last year), so his speed was compromised a bit, just not enough.

1 minute ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I think a lot of it was because Dovi had to compromise his corner exit since he knew Marc would try to pass there (like he did last year), so his speed was compromised a bit, just not enough.

gotcha. Will be interesting to see how things go this year. As much of a Marc fan as I am, I really hope Andrea gets a championship.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Anyone have a spare ticket for Sunday? Really just need a GA. Nearly $85 bucks after fees buying from the ticket office, trying to save some cash.

Yeah they fuck you with the fees. I love it when I buy Montreal tickets and there are no fees at all. Those guys are very cool.

Edited by wood

26 minutes ago, Updawg said:
2 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:
Still looking for a GA for tomorrow.

We bought off of stub hub cheap. Also wood posted a few other sites in the cota thread

Yeah, the tick pick stuff is $100 a seat for Sunday. Stubhub chEapest is $70. 

• 6 months later...