Good Boys

Goo Punch

• 5 months later...

Generally agree with the above.  It was funny and enjoyable, but it's nothing worth rushing to the theater for.  It's a less funny but still enjoyable companion to Superbad.  12-year-olds screaming obscenities wears thin by the third act. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Some great reviews above, so perhaps it played better in the theatre. Did the version HBO show have all the jokes cut from it? Because I’m not sure I laughed more than three or four times, and those were of the chuckle variety.

I really wanted to like this movie, wife and I loved the trailer (the “How many husbands...” line killed in the trailer, but I guess the filmmakers thought it was too played out and it wasn’t included in the version I saw), but after a slow start, we kept waiting for it to get better. 30 minutes in, she was obviously losing patience, so I bailed and we switched to something else, I finished watching it tonight, alone.

I did like Soren, Tremblay is a talented kid, the school musical was amusingly inappropriate, shit-smelling anal beads and frat house shootout were fun, but I just didn’t get what I had hoped for. And the Craig Robinson look alike is such a shitty, wooden actor it’s no wonder Last Man on Earth essentially had him silent his first year. 

I’m glad most of you liked it, but I’m really glad I didn’t pay to see this in a theatre.

• Like 1

I watched it the other night out of boredom and laughed a couple of times.  Didn't realize my 7 yr old was also paying attention to it from the other room though.

Soon after it ended, he came into the den with a drink, looked at me when he took a sip and said,  "that's fucking one!"

I laughed so damn hard I thought I was going to pass out at one point.   I am so fucked when he gets older.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Some great reviews above, so perhaps it played better in the theatre. Did the version HBO show have all the jokes cut from it? Because I’m not sure I laughed more than three or four times, and those were of the chuckle variety.

I really wanted to like this movie, wife and I loved the trailer (the “How many husbands...” line killed in the trailer, but I guess the filmmakers thought it was too played out and it wasn’t included in the version I saw), but after a slow start, we kept waiting for it to get better. 30 minutes in, she was obviously losing patience, so I bailed and we switched to something else, I finished watching it tonight, alone.

I did like Soren, Tremblay is a talented kid, the school musical was amusingly inappropriate, shit-smelling anal beads and frat house shootout were fun, but I just didn’t get what I had hoped for. And the Craig Robinson look alike is such a shitty, wooden actor it’s no wonder Last Man on Earth essentially had him silent his first year. 

I’m glad most of you liked it, but I’m really glad I didn’t pay to see this in a theatre.

You are not wrong and sadly it’s what passes for a comedy these days. The thread previously on comedies in the last decade provided complete evidence. Comedies are dead right now. 

12 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Thanks for saving me some typing.  Ditto

On 4/8/2020 at 1:45 AM, Vito Andolini said:

This is my image of you, slowly being dissapointed in front of your large-screen.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Our son ended up seeing have of it on youtube anyway, so we watched it with the 12- and 16-year-old. Definitely some LOL moments if not parenting of the year ... was not expecting to have to explain what anal beads were (no I did not expect them to already know).

The boy asked: "what would we find in the back of your closet." My luck, the kids going to find the Sybian.

Edited by Kyle