2019 NFL Offseason Catch All Thread -- Free Agency, Trades, Etc

Patrick Bateman

Mal Brown.... the other one offered by the Lions.  

Lions signed Rams restricted free agent RB Malcolm Brown to an offer sheet.

The Rams now have five days to match the offer. The terms are undisclosed. Since Brown is a former undrafted free agent who was tendered at the original-round level, the Rams will receive no compensation if they choose not to match. The Rams' No. 2 running back last season, Brown was unable to step in for an injured Todd Gurley late in the year after breaking his collarbone. He also dealt with a knee issue in 2017. A big-time recruit who underachieved at Texas, Brown has averaged a replacement-level 4.0 yards per carry for his career. He would be an upgrade on LeGarrette Blount.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Machinator said:

It doesn't make any sense when you consider they shipped off Dee Ford. Is Clark that much better in terms of scheme fit and talent?

Clark is better at stopping the run than Ford is and is two years younger than Ford.  He also hasn't had the injury history Ford has had.  

5 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Clark is better at stopping the run than Ford is and is two years younger than Ford.  He also hasn't had the injury history Ford has had.  

Clark is definitely the better player.

5 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Clark is also better at stopping a woman's face with his fist.

But this is the astounding thing.  The Chiefs may be fucked with Tyreek Hill's assault/abuse investigation and they just lost Kareem Hunt over assaulting a female.  Why the fuck would you take on this type of risk AND give up a first rounder???  It's really stupid management.

Most chiefs fans initially  were upset about this trade but when his PFF score was brought up and that he is younger, it has slowed the “fire Veach” talks. I’m so so about it. I know we needed an end bad and he’s a good one. The end of the first is a wasteland when this draft has a strong second round. I only will he upset if that Delaware safety would have been available or josh Jacobs but I highly doubt they would have been at 29. Most of the media said we got fleeced, I don’t know about that. Watching every chiefs game, Ford was good but I don’t think overall he was as good as how people said he was. Yeah he had sacks but was average in many other areas. My 3 sense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26594107/big-ben-gets-2-year-extension-deal-worth-68m

hilarious

gee i can't imagine why AB and Bell are gone...
Yeah because 2 time SB champ qb's and above avg qb's for that matter just fall out of the sky....rb can be had for cheap and wr need a lot to go right in order to even get a pass thrown

Bell and brown are good players but the extension has nothing to do with it

21 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Personally there  are zero NFL QBs or RBs that I want to hook up with. I don't care if they're in drag...but good for you. At least you picked the hometown girl.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Saquon
  • Like 1

Apparently Adam Gase wanted no part in signing Bell because “he didn’t want to pay any rb that kind of money.” 

I dont know, maybe talk to your new head coach and see if that’s a move he’d want to make lol. The jets and the entire afc east is the biggest dumpster fire of all dumpster fires.