Mass College Admission Cheating Scandal

Js1

17 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It is some pretty good marketing.

DMN saying elite:

Charging documents saying "highly selective" and "top tennis team"

Everyone listing us beside Yale and Stanford

This lady reminding everyone we are rich.

I applaud our marketing group's outside the box thinking.

No such thing as bad publicity 

48 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

What’s nuts is aunt Becky paid 500k for her daughters to get to usc. It’s a private school. 

I bet had she spoken to dean of admissions offered a 500k check she could have had them admitted that route via legal “bribery”

Yeah, all of these universities mentioned use their bullshit "holistic admission standards" which is simply a way for them to justify letting in kids with 1100 SATs and 3.0 HS GPAs.

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Yeah, all of these universities mentioned use their bullshit "holistic admission standards" which is simply a way for them to justify letting in kids with 1100 SATs and 3.0 HS GPAs.

I thought they called that "affirmative action"

1 minute ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Texas Men’s tennis is ranked #3

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/tennis-men/d1/ita

Reading the charging document, it seemed like the scheme was to get the kid listed as a recruit and offered a scholarship here, but then using that as leverage to get them in elsewhere, I think?  So maybe we didn't actually enroll any of these garbage kids?

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Reading the charging document, it seemed like the scheme was to get the kid listed as a recruit and offered a scholarship here, but then using that as leverage to get them in elsewhere, I think?  So maybe we didn't actually enroll any of these garbage kids?

I read they offered him a book scholarship, he took it, enrolled and then quit the team. 

How bad were these kids’ SAT scores that they couldn’t have got into USC, Stanford, Yale, or the other private schools with a healthy “donation”? So bad that even the admissions director couldn’t justify it, but not so bad they didn’t meet NCAA athlete minimums?

4 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

How bad were these kids’ SAT scores that they couldn’t have got into USC, Stanford, Yale, or the other private schools with a healthy “donation”? So bad that even the admissions director couldn’t justify it, but not so bad they didn’t meet NCAA athlete minimums?

You can be dee you em DUM and get in as an athlete.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2011-12_Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf

A 2.7 high school GPA means you only need a 730 SAT.  Crank it up to 3.0 and all you need is 620

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Rich people out here wildin'. You're already fucking rich! Just send your little dumbass to Cal State - Whatever where they belong. The fuck do they need to go to Yale for?

I see how crazy some of the competitive parents are in elementary school. Can’t even imagine jr and sr years of hs.

• Like 1