Beto 2020

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

FIL posted up a meme on FB this weekend, paraphrasing something like Beto wants to kill off veterans and old folks.

Of course, he liked it.

I don't know about veterans, but I could get on board with the last part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

I'm a big Beto fan, but I don't think he's ready for President. Sure, he'd be 10,000 times better than what we have now, but that's a very low bar.

I understand the perspective and don't necessarily disagree with it. But who amongst the candidates is truly ready to be president? We have a bunch of Senators who have never run anything larger than a senate staff. We have a couple former mayors who arguably have the most executive experience outside of the two or three governors who have announced but don't appear to have much appeal to anyone. So I guess my question is who has indisputably more readiness than Beto in the current field? Warren has pushed a lot of positive legislation, but aside from her, everyone else including Bernie are just people with lots of popular opinions and positions. Those are all well and good, but merely having good positions doesn't automatically translate in being ready to govern.    

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 2

IMO, Beto is the candidate Republicans fear the most (but they’ll never say it.)

He’s a blank slate which makes him a moving target impossible to pin down.  

Beto is also precisely the image the GOP wants for the future of their party.  Yes, imagine if Beto had an R next to his name?  

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

IMO, Beto is the candidate Republicans fear the most (but they’ll never say it.)

Beto is also precisely the image the GOP wants for the future of their party.  Yes, imagine if Beto had an R next to his name?  

He's not a blank slate. He's been running for office for two years. 

9 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So is it official? I haven’t seen anything anywhere else. It sounds like he’s running, but it’s also vague

He's going to make a big announcement in the morning. It's probably not going to be that he's not running. 

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He's not a blank slate. He's been running for office for two years. 

He’s a blank slate the same way Obama was in 2008 except he’s a young inspiring white guy from Texas instead of a young inspiring Kenyan Muslim community organizer from Chicago. 

The GOP should be terrified and for good reason.

BFCD0220-63B7-46BB-B94A-47E984055AA5_zps

C52A8FA1-F8F5-45CD-B35B-0C43BA792AD0_zps

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, deech said:

If he can't beat Ted Cruz, he can't win the Presidency IMHO.

His loss in the Senate race was like Rocky losing in the original movie. The Democratic candidate in that race is normally a sacrificial lamb but Beto came out swinging and took what should have been a landslide victory for Cruz to the wire.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I'd still want to fuck him....is that bad?

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s a blank slate the same way Obama was in 2008 except he’s a young inspiring white guy from Texas instead of a young inspiring Kenyan Muslim community organizer from Chicago. 

The GOP should be terrified for good reason.

BFCD0220-63B7-46BB-B94A-47E984055AA5_zps

C52A8FA1-F8F5-45CD-B35B-0C43BA792AD0_zps

What, exactly, is inspiring about a rich white guy?

12 minutes ago, Zombie said:

So I guess my question is who has indisputably more readiness than Beto in the current field?

Biden and Warren are both qualified, imho. Both are also getting up there in age. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying though, I like Beto. He'd make a fantastic Veep.

I'm a big Beto fan, but I don't think he's ready for President. Sure, he'd be 10,000 times better than what we have now, but that's a very low bar.

This is a Vice President play. He will possibly be the running mate because he might deliver Texas. Might.

Congressman O'Rourke has declared for the Presidency.  I find it curious timing but think he'll rapidly rise to the top of the field.  We absolutely need more children of people worth a half billion dollars, which is slight more than Donald Trump's net worth.  I'll go with Sec. Castro if I have to pick a Hispanic from Texas in the POTUS field.  But Julian does suffer from the reality that he doesn't have a cool nickname nor a FIL worth more than most countries.  

Also, address a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives properly.  Fucking neanderthals.  

Just now, Lobo said:

Congressman O'Rourke has declared for the Presidency.  I find it curious timing but think he'll rapidly rise to the top of the field.  We absolutely need more children of people worth a half billion dollars, which is slight more than Donald Trump's net worth.  I'll go with Sec. Castro if I have to pick a Hispanic from Texas in the POTUS field.  But Julian does suffer from the reality that he doesn't have a cool nickname nor a FIL worth more than most countries.  

Also, address a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives properly.  Fucking neanderthals.  

Initial salvo is brutal. 

Yeah, he's running for president and has a damn good shot. 

You're going to hear a lot of the historical comparison to Lincoln running for-- and winning -- a presidential race after losing a Senate bid two years earlier. Even more interesting, Lincoln's opponent was the same as in his Senate race, Stephen Douglas. I wouldn't be surprised to see that play out again with Ted Cruz rising to the top when the Dotard has to resign in a few months. One difference, Lincoln was a one-term former congressman, Beto had three. 

• Like 1

Just now, Larry T. Spider said:

Won’t get it. If Beto wins he’s not picking another Texan. If Beto doesn’t get it then it will be Beto who gets the call if they want a Texan that speaks spanish.

I agree but if you recall Castro was encouraging Beto to run against Cornyn in 2020. He is smart enough to know he has no shot at the nomination but being a Hispanic from Texas gives him value as a VP nominee on the ticket. Beto running will put an end to the Castro campaign. He will be part of the first group to drop out.

• Like 2