B12 Tournament - Texas vs. #GodsGift - 8pm on ESPN2

Pancho

7 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

You can’t go by recruiting sites for basketball unless you thought Hayes was outside the top 100.

bullshit. pointing to an outlier as if it's the rule is ignorant and uninformed. HS basketball rankings are the most accurate rankings out there, with players like Jaxson Hayes the overwhelming exception to the rule. Or is it just a coincidence that Duke and Kentucky are awesome every year? Football stats come from all over the rankings, but basketball stats by and large come from the top. It's always been that way. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

this is basically the most aggy thing i've seen from our fan base, and i don't just throw the term "aggy" around. having so much pride in how great of a person you think you are for honoring some retarded, nonsensical code is the aggyest shit there is. the same way that a full-on Old Army Fightin' Texas Aggie actually believes that "an Aggie never lies, cheats or steals" despite their one ten year period of significance being the byproduct of rampant cheating, i'm sure you and all of the other troop leader dads will sleep well tonight knowing that you haven't besmirched your honor as a noble fan of the fightin Shaka Smart Texas basketball team. You and greggym can take turns patting each other on the back about how great you are. Go wild.

Now back to reality. Hello. We need to miss the tournament. The impending firing of Shaka Smart needs to be unavoidable. He's been so unbelievably bad that were it not for his buyout he would 100% be gone, zero doubt about it. That's the bottom line. If we have to lose a game vs KU to expedite the process of ridding the program of the cancer that is rapidly killing it then that's 100% what i want to happen. The optics of going .500 and missing the tournament will be Shaka's version of Charlie's loss to KU. To use a word that should be real, it is unovercomeable. Shaka cannot be retained after this, because it would KILL the program.

How does Shaka recruit next year? He's been one of the five best recruiters in the country and we have been *terrible*. How's it going to be when every single school we recruit against can say to a recruit with 100% confidence, "Nobody who is making you promises at Texas will be there when you get there. Nobody." They'll also be able to point out how terrible we are and how none of our players ever get any better, and how nobody comes to our games, and how they won't even be able to play in the NCAA tournament. because Texas doesnt go there. We have reached the point of no return now. There is no coming back from this; only moving on.

I wish the buyout didn't exist. I wish that what made sense tonight was to root for Texas to win, and to get into the NCAA tournament, even though we all know that we'd probably end up losing to Wofford in round one by 16 points. I wish that made sense- but it doesn't. If you want what's best for the program then you want Shaka gone now. End of story. Save the completely nonsensical sense of foolish pride for the goobers out east, and realize what's actually fucking going on- we can't hire our basketball Tom Herman until we fire our basketball Charlie Strong. Whatever makes that happen as soon as possible is what's best for Texas. Your fake nobility is only thinly veiled self righteousness and frankly selfishness as well. Get over tonight's loss. It was a good thing. 

I wasn’t being sarcastic. Tonight was a win.

10 minutes ago, 76Jayhawk said:

I didn't get to watch the game. Last night was Chris Stapleton at the rodeo so I went to that instead. Sounds like I made a good decision based on how shitty both teams appeared to play?

This is not one of KU's better teams for sure...

They might make sweet 16....   But if I had to wager, they might be a victim early of bracket buster.   

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

This is not one of KU's better teams for sure...

They might make sweet 16....   But if I had to wager, they might be a victim early of bracket buster.   

No, this is the worst team I have seen under Bill Self. They wont even have the most losses though.

This team looks like a bunch of scrubs got picked up from Gregory and given uniforms.

they should be ashamed to be DI athletes at a school like Texas.

I mean what the actual fuck is this team.

Our best "shooter" launches consecutive airballs.

We don't have competent ball handlers.  Coleman and Ramey are OK.  Roach and Mitrou-Long are not.

I've never seen a team more inept out of a timeout than these guys.  I've also never seen a coach as inept at drawing up lays out of a TO.

I've seen less missed layups at 10yo rec league game.

Dylan Osetkowski.  I mean what can you say?  The dude is a microcosm of this team and this season.  Turnover on one end, great out of bounds hustle play on the other.  Missed bunny one time, hit a 3 the next time down. 

Edited by Tylerocks

4 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Dylan Osetkowski.  I mean what can you say?  The dude is a microcosm of this team and this season.  Turnover on one end, great out of bounds hustle play on the other.  Missed bunny one time, hit a 3 the next time down. 

Sad thing is that this was one of DO's best games as a Longhorn.

2 hours ago, 76Jayhawk said:

No, this is the worst team I have seen under Bill Self. They wont even have the most losses though.

I have some really good friends that are KU grads and I have offered to trade Shaka for Bill since Bill is having such a crummy season.  So far, they've said no.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:08 AM, Goo Punch said:

bullshit. pointing to an outlier as if it's the rule is ignorant and uninformed. HS basketball rankings are the most accurate rankings out there, with players like Jaxson Hayes the overwhelming exception to the rule. Or is it just a coincidence that Duke and Kentucky are awesome every year? Football stats come from all over the rankings, but basketball stats by and large come from the top. It's always been that way. 

That’s extremely inaccurate. Yes, they get the Durant’s of the world right but they are pretty awful overall. See Villanova