Shit Trader Joe's makes (when it's open)

ohchaucer

This is what I bought instead, had it tonight, real fucking good. Definitely recommend. 

Linguine-Clam-Sauce-3.jpg

Must have gotten a better bag than me but game I bought of that was not good. The Thai fried rice isn’t good either. Way too much lemon grass. Had the chicken lo mein and was pretty impressed with it.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:04 PM, Hank_Hill said:

62196-mushroom-alfredo-sauce.jpg

This shit plus the cauliflower gnocchi and some spinach is a great quick weeknight dinner

Picked this up tonight with quite a few other suggestions from this thread. I love gnocchi. The cauliflower is interesting -- definitely doable. Bought some raw spinach and cooked it on the side to eat with it. Is that how you do it? Or do you cook it and mix it in with the sauce and gnocchi. I tore up some prosciutto and cooked that in too.

20 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Must have gotten a better bag than me but game I bought of that was not good. The Thai fried rice isn’t good either. Way too much lemon grass. Had the chicken lo mein and was pretty impressed with it.

The Thai fried rice is ass.

• Like 1

Trader Joe's labels are sometimes named in accordance with the ethnicity of the food in question, such as "Trader Jose's" (Mexican food), "Baker Josef's" (flour and bagels), "Trader Giotto's" (Italian food), "Trader Joe-San's" (Japanese food), "Trader Ming's" (Asian food), "JosephsBrau" (beer), and "Trader Jacques'" (French food and soaps). 

Jingle Jangle Ice Cream is back and still my jam.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:07 PM, C-Man said:

Picked this up tonight with quite a few other suggestions from this thread. I love gnocchi. The cauliflower is interesting -- definitely doable. Bought some raw spinach and cooked it on the side to eat with it. Is that how you do it? Or do you cook it and mix it in with the sauce and gnocchi. I tore up some prosciutto and cooked that in too.

First off I am not one of those cauliflower every thing health nuts. But if you cook the cauliflower gnocchi right it is one of my favorite things to eat and is a low calorie filling meal. 

Follow the pan fry directions exactly, once they have browned on a few sides, toss in some butter (or olive oil) sprinkle a little fresh parm on top and it's fucking better than some $30+ pasta dishes I have had at restaurants. 

The key is getting the outside crisp, pull too early and it's soggy as shit.  

21 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Is all their Mexican stuff branded “Trader Jose’s” or just their tortillas?  Picked up some tortillas the other day and got them home and noticed that.  Laughed.

Several of their Mexican items are branded Trader Jose's.  Italian stuff = Trader Giotto's.  Asian stuff - Trader Ming's.  Just one of TJ's little quirks.

2 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

First off I am not one of those cauliflower every thing health nuts. But if you cook the cauliflower gnocchi right it is one of my favorite things to eat and is a low calorie filling meal. 

Follow the pan fry directions exactly, once they have browned on a few sides, toss in some butter (or olive oil) sprinkle a little fresh parm on top and it's fucking better than some $30+ pasta dishes I have had at restaurants. 

The key is getting the outside crisp, pull too early and it's soggy as shit.  

Yeah, I tossed it in with the water and covered and let it sit. Got brown on bottom, not the rest. I think it was cooked through. Will toss in some butter next time. It wasn't bad. Wasn't great. But I like the cauliflower aspect enough to try again.

• 4 months later...

I haven't been to TJ since before the lockdown.  I couldn't find a delivery service that went there, and they don't have a drive-up or pick-up option.

For those who have gone in the store, are there fewer people shopping than before?  I have no desire to walk around in there with the amount of people that were typically shopping there prior to quarantine.

I normally go to the one on Bee Cave rd.

Edited by Chips O'Toole

I haven't been to TJ since before the lockdown.  I couldn't find a delivery service that went there, and they don't have a drive-up or pick-up option.
For those who have gone in the store, are there fewer people shopping than before?  I have no desire to walk around in there with the amount of people that were typically shopping there prior to quarantine.
I normally go to the one on Bee Cave rd.

The one off of Lovers Lane in Dallas was pretty empty and only letting a few shoppers in at a time.....but this was over 2 weeks ago.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I laugh every time I drive by Trader Joe's on Hulen in Ft Worth because there is always a line, like its the friggin Roxbury.  Central Market up the street has a ton more traffic but never a line outside.

It does piss me off when I want to grab a few things at Trader Joe's (their Trader Giotti frozen pizzas are good and cheap) but don't feel like standing in line.

• 9 months later...