2019 Selection Sunday - CBS, 5 PM

Machinator

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

Depends on the committee and what they value

Well I guess I get confused with all the quadrant 1,2,3 Stuff and bpi and Texas is easily in on those then I guess it shifts to record when you are .500 but at this point I’m all for anything that gets Shaka canned haha.

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

i agree with you, but if texas doesn't get in the only reason is going to be the .500 winning % because all of the other metrics say they should be in.

but it won't surprise me at all if the committee uses the .500 record as reasoning to keep them out.

100% right and I think that is very justified. There are a massive amount of teams that are as good as Texas from P5 and smaller conferences and they have better records and on any given night would beat Texas. I don’t see a reason for the committee to set new precedent this year and of all the years this would be the one to do it. 

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

ACC has three of the #1 seeds.  When was the last time one conference had that many?  Back in the Big East glory days?  I don't even think that happened.

Came here to ask this exact question. I haven’t paid attention to college b-ball this year but has this ever happened?

5 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

100% right and I think that is very justified. There are a massive amount of teams that are as good as Texas from P5 and smaller conferences and they have better records and on any given night would beat Texas. I don’t see a reason for the committee to set new precedent this year and of all the years this would be the one to do it. 

I disagree.  Ole Miss (#8 seed) has 8 fewer games against Top 50 teams than Texas.  If they went 4-4 against 8 more Top 50 games, they'd have the exact same record as Texas and, I'm willing to bet w/o checking the fact, a less impressive list of Quadrant wins.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Came here to ask this exact question. I haven’t paid attention to college b-ball this year but has this ever happened?

hell, it was 2009.  that was the first time ever.  i had no idea.

So it was fitting that when the N.C.A.A. unveiled its 65-team tournament field Sunday, the Big East earned a spot in history. With Louisville, Connecticut and Pittsburgh joining North Carolina as No. 1 seeds, the Big East became the first conference to place three teams on the top line of the N.C.A.A. tournament field.

Edited by Jive Turkey

I am shocked I tell you , shocked that for what seems like the tenth time since he left for North Carolina Roy Williams and Kansas get put on a collision course with each other in the NCAA tournament.  Only problem is I don't see KU beating both Auburn and Northeastern first.  Also I don't care about ratings, metrics, statistics, eye tests, or anything else no conference ever deserves to have three #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament.  This means you are giving a #1 seed to at least one team that didn't win either its regular season conference or the conference tournament.  Shouldn't ever happen.

• Like 2