Small Inventions that changed your Life

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

I mean the measurement part. Does it really matter whether or not it's exactly 1 ounce in your mouth? I just take a swig, swish it around for a minute and spit it out. Never thought about measuring it.

No it doesn’t matter. I hated the cup. The swig option is obviously the simple solution. I guess I just didn’t like the idea of backwash. I don’t know. All I’m saying is I like this small feat of engineering. 

6 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Moist asswipes. I mean, baby wipes existed for decades before someone figured "hey, adults want a clean ass, too." Let's just change the label.

Was coming here to post Preperation H wipes are a game changer 

50 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

217521_1_1?resmode=4&op_usm=1,1,1,&qlt=7

Handheld luggage scale to see if your luggage is overweight or not before you travel, weigh packages for postage, etc. I pack it in my luggage for the return trip as well so I can reweigh after buying souvenirs, etc. Electronic version also available.

How much does it weigh?  I just imagine the conundrum if you pack it and it's the last straw that puts you over 40 pounds.  Alanis Morsette kind of crazy shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

71anwk4VaSL._SL1500_.jpg

Brand is immaterial; stud finder is infinitely more reliable than me knocking on drywall every few inches.

Also rolling luggage. It's hard to believe we used to just lug our crap all over hell and back.

I'll do you one better. This is a stud finder that uses a big magnet to find the nails and sheetrock screws that were used to keep them on the stud. They use them basically every foot on the stud. I use it all the time. Really good if you're hanging a TV or pictures. 

c-h-hanson-stud-finders-03040-64_1000.jp

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

No it doesn’t matter. I hated the cup. The swig option is obviously the simple solution. I guess I just didn’t like the idea of backwash. I don’t know. All I’m saying is I like this small feat of engineering. 

You just need to take a quick sip, not make out with the bottle. 

The bidet.  Not to start another meta thread but that's my answer and if you dont like it you can kiss my fresh dingelberry free ass.

I was going to post this, but I figured that the greatest invention in the history of mankind didn’t qualify as small.

I'll do you one better. This is a stud finder that uses a big magnet to find the nails and sheetrock screws that were used to keep them on the stud. They use them basically every foot on the stud. I use it all the time. Really good if you're hanging a TV or pictures. 

c-h-hanson-stud-finders-03040-64_1000.jpg

This one is the shit:
ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064EICKG/

9 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

Not an invention, but whoever made women shaving off the bush the in thing to do deserves some sort of great humanitarian award....

Only for those with more than one partner. Those of us who don't ever have to worry about crabs just might prefer things to be a little more old fashioned. /different strokes

• Like 1