Small Inventions that changed your Life

Neonmoon

I have a thing for new toothbrushes.  I get a new, and different, one more often than the average person.  My whole life I was faithful to the manual brush.  I remember thinking electric was a sham.  A few months back I bought my first electric brush.  I lament my years of ignorance and narrow mindedness.  The difference is YUGE.

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I have a thing for new toothbrushes.  I get a new, and different, one more often than the average person.  My whole life I was faithful to the manual brush.  I remember thinking electric was a sham.  A few months back I bought my first electric brush.  I lament my years of ignorance and narrow mindedness.  The difference is YUGE.

We had a water pic when I was a kid. it sucked.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, markstanco said:

1030035.jpg

These were a game changer when I found out about them a few years back for cleaning my sidewalk and driveway. I used to use a 25 degree nozzle and would take 3X-4X longer.

Bought one of these last week after seeing your post.  Used it yesterday - game changer!

• Like 2

On 3/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, markstanco said:

1030035.jpg

These were a game changer when I found out about them a few years back for cleaning my sidewalk and driveway. I used to use a 25 degree nozzle and would take 3X-4X longer.

I have a question. Can these be used to push the dirt in a direction like towards a garage drain, or does it spray the dirt outwardly in all directions? I’ll hang up and listen.

49 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Toilet paper holders that just lift up to remove old cylinder and replace with full roll. 

So much better than the old spring filled bs

If you like those, one of these will blow your mind. 

Nameeks%20NCB52-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2019 at 3:42 PM, NWBuck said:

These batteries you speak of... tell me more.

a5feebb83a9b59be9b656a3b6b5d75be.jpg

I've looked everywhere for one of those old miner's lamps that runs on carbide and is reasonably priced.  Is that yours?  If so, were did you get it and were did you get the carbide to fuel the flame?  

Do tell.

On 3/17/2019 at 2:41 PM, mchookem said:

yellow first down line

I hate that shit. Makes for lazy watching. I also hate the floating box that shows the strike zone and the blue line for the LOS and the red line when its fourth down/ get off my field of play.

Also, people wash their driveways and sidewalks? Who has time for that?

On 3/31/2019 at 8:03 AM, dcbc said:

If you like those, one of these will blow your mind. 

Nameeks%20NCB52-1.jpg

motherfucker who built current house installed master bedroom with open end pointing towards toilet.  Every time I try to tear off some TP the fucking roll comes with it.

No it can't be turned over.

54 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

motherfucker who built current house installed master bedroom with open end pointing towards toilet.  Every time I try to tear off some TP the fucking roll comes with it.

he can't help it that he's poor.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

$10 towards a wreath fund that you can flip it to face the other way with an allen wrench and/or screwdriver in about 2 minutes

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Incredulity said:

That sounds like it sucks.  Why can't it be installed the other way.  Even if it's the bracket, couldn't it be turned over.  Mine allows me to rip toward the wipe down.

IIt’s not reversible.

That was absolutely my first thought upon pulling the roll of TP into my lap after of my first shits in new (to me) house.

it is vastly superior to the spring loaded models for ease of reload, but this one appears to only have one set-up for orientation.  It does have a raised leading edge, so I guess they think that is enough friction.

Edited by Incredulity

10 hours ago, jkates said:

The previous channel button on the remote.

In college I had a tv, the brand escapes me, that had a button which would set a timer in 30-second increments, then jump back to the original channel when, say, 2 minutes was up.  It was great for football games on Saturday.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, Incredulity said:

IIt’s not reversible.

That was absolutely my first thought upon pulling the roll of TP into my lap after of my first shits in new (to me) house.

it is vastly superior to the spring loaded models for ease of reload, but this one appears to only have one set-up for orientation.  It does have a raised leading edge, so I guess they think that is enough friction.

It absolutely is reversible. It may require you to rotate the bracket itself 180* but it is most definitely reversible if you try hard enough.

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2019 at 8:51 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Yep.  I hate sleeping in hotels.

FYI  Margaritaville in Shreveport has ceiling fans.

Cannot recall any others that i have stayed in that did.