The MSM Embarrassment that is Chuck Todd

Hugo Stiglitz

I don’t always agree with Scahill but his Chuck Todd encounters really highlight the malfeasance of our MSM.  

A big part of the reason the Russian attack and others like it are so successful is they exploit the corruption and distrust that already exists in our media information space.   While it’s easy to point the finger at Russia for some of our problems, our system was vulnerable for them to exploit because of corporate whores and grifters pretending to be journalists.  The Russians wouldn’t have been nearly as successful if our media wasn’t covering the irrelevant stolen emails 24/7 during the campaign.

Like Trump, I still have yet to see any of the MSM reflect back on their role in Russia’s attack on democracy and admit they were wrong.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

• 2 weeks later...

Everything Chuck Todd does and says is a calculated effort to define his personal profile and avoid choppy water.  He's the most disingenuous, phony person in all of pundit media.  I have way more respect for Sean Hannity than I do Chuck Todd.  He's not a fair and pragmatic journalist.  He's a useful corporate tool who is desperate to make people believe that he's a fair and pragmatic journalist. 

• Like 4

On 3/17/2019 at 4:19 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

I didn't realize it until today but Chuck Todd is 5'2".  I've never seen him stand next to anyone but he was standing next to Beto and made him look like an NBA center.  

NBCUNBCNews.jpg

Unless he's wearing painter stilts, I think 5'2" is a Wiki-lized figure.  Matt Lauer is 5'11".

Chuck Todd is a fucking doofus, however.

• 4 weeks later...

Equally as awful as Chuck Todd bemoaning optics today, was Brian Williams bemoaning the "lack of pizzazz" in Mueller's testimony. This is the fundamental failure for these two. They value entertainment over substance and journalism and their first priority is the perception of themselves. And how in the dripping fuck is Brian Williams even employed after embellishing his experience in a trip to Iraq? Probably because Chuck Todd is the news director at MSNBC. 

They see this entire thing as entertainment and themselves as stars of this stage production that is the American government.

Todd's first priority is to be seen as "the pragmatic one" and steers away from hard truth when he senses that an interview is heading for a confrontation. 

Williams is probably the most talented and smooth broadcast talent that I've ever seen -- born with raw talent and a master of the craft when it comes to delivery. But underneath that he's a halfwit and a proven liar. How do these assholes have high profile jobs? 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Chooky said:

How do these assholes have high profile jobs

I think they have those jobs for the reasons you mentioned.  They are the best normalizers of everything awful in our sociopolitical reality.  You will never be moved to tears or inspired to action with people like Chuck Todd standing between you and the information you need to know.  There will never be any “keeping it real” Walter Cronkite moments with these people.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Chuck Todd has officially been CANCELED!!!?!

Bernie and his supporters are again the VICTIMS!!!?!

I’m no fan of Chuck but Jesus please people, drop the outrage culture BS. It is transparent and dumb.

Go fuck yourself

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Chuck Todd has officially been CANCELED!!!?!

Bernie and his supporters are again the VICTIMS!!!?!

I’m no fan of Chuck but Jesus please people, drop the outrage culture BS. It is transparent and dumb.

The thing is, though, really here's the thing, is that Chuck Todd is absolute fucking bootlicking garbage.

I can try and put myself in a lot of different shoes. I get why some people vote for Trump. Hell, I can understand why some people grow up and go to aggy. I fundamentally disagree with it, but I get it. But I can't for the life of me think of a reason anyone would cape for Chuck Todd.

Edited by wildcat09

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I can try and put myself in a lot of different shoes. I get why some people vote for Trump. Hell, I can understand why some people grow up and go to aggy. I fundamentally disagree with it, but I get it. But I can't for the life of me think of a reason anyone would cape for Chuck Todd.

There are appropriate things to diss on Todd about and then there are utterly dumb, fake, and manufactured things that social media regurgitates at you that you don’t need to swallow hook line and sinker. It’s more of a mock of outrage cancel culture that you have been drawn into with this. Suggest folks step back when they start to feel that rumbling boil of outrage and see if it really something or if there are other things out there that actually matter

Edited by GW Hayduke

9 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

There are appropriate things to diss on Todd about and then there are utterly dumb, fake, and manufactured things that social media regurgitates at you that you don’t need to swallow hook line and sinker. It’s more of a mock of outrage cancel culture that you have been drawn into with this. Suggest filks step back when they start to feel that rumbling boil of outrage and see if it really something or if there are other things out there that actually matter

Calling Bernie supporters brownshirts for being rude on twitter while Trump supporters have actually shot up synagogues warrants outrage. 

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Calling Bernie supports brownshirts for being rude on twitter while Trump supporters have actually shot up synagogues warrants outrage. 

I understand you feel that way. Outrage and victimhood is an unfortunate thing these days with certain groups of political voices.  Looking at the mirror image of bernie’s outraged victims is a group of maga hat wearers that are also outraged victims. There is another way of civil and political dialogue and thought which is very much less dumb

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I understand you feel that way. Outrage and victimhood is an unfortunate thing these days with certain groups of political voices.  Looking at the mirror image of bernie’s outraged victims is a group of maga hat wearers that are also outraged victims. There is another way of civil and political dialogue and thought which is very much less dumb

Ah, I see, you're trying out for the role of Anastasis. Carry on.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Ah, I see, you're trying out for the role of Anastasis. Carry on.

You can think that if it makes you feel better. You can give me a label and adhominem your way to dismissing. Another option, as I pointed out is to step back, realize that maybe this isn’t a real outrage thing, maybe the countless other things that are outraging these days are actually hollow and manufactured, and maybe you have been programmed by social media into part of the outrage cancel culture hive mind.