If you could only have one car

Buzzrock

Under those restrictions, I’m sticking with my F150 or moving up to the F250. Need to be able to tow the boats. 

If I can keep the truck and get one other to fulfill the rest of your requirements, it’s probably going to be an S7 or a restomod 66/67 Chevrolet.

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Daily driver and road tripper can’t be old. Classics need to be toys. 

M5 might do it for me unless I went for a truck. 

Id say they can if you resto mod them correctly.  I'd drive to CA (cross country) right now in my old Mustang without a worry other than crappy gas mileage.

11 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Land cruiser 

10 hours ago, Okie State said:
11 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:
Land cruiser 

This is probably my answer too.

3 hours ago, ohchaucer said:

Me three. 

You guys are fucking crazy...  I love my fj40 but I wouldn't want to be in it for more than 1 hour at a time.  And never on the highway...fuck that noise/vibration.  The ride is like falling down a flight of stairs on your ass...  no AC, no thank you!

I don't know what I'd pick, but it would be smaller, modern, fuel efficient, quick, nimble, mid size suv.  Range Rover, TRD 4 runner...  kind of a grim scenario

3 hours ago, Loco said:

You guys are fucking crazy...  I love my fj40 but I wouldn't want to be in it for more than 1 hour at a time.  And never on the highway...fuck that noise/vibration.  The ride is like falling down a flight of stairs on your ass...  no AC, no thank you!

I don't know what I'd pick, but it would be smaller, modern, fuel efficient, quick, nimble, mid size suv.  Range Rover, TRD 4 runner...  kind of a grim scenario

I'm talking about this Land Cruiser...

2018_toyota_land_cruiser_dashboard.jpg

• Haha 1

Yeah, I would never have an FJ40 as a daily driver, but I've had an FJ80 that I drove for years - on and off the road - and it was, simply, a perfect automobile (assuming you don't need to go, like, fast).  And the 200 series (especially 2016 onward) are just perfect (assuming you don't need, like, extra money).

• Like 1

A nice truck.  Good F-150 or Tundra with the bells and whistles.

Right now, I have an old, shitty F-150 for hunting and fishing (and am working on talking the boy into making that his ride when he gets his license in a few months).  And I drive a generic Hyundai Sonata (fuel efficient sedan) as an everyday ride.  In a couple of years, I'll need to unload both, and go with a single vehicle again.  I'll probably go with a truck, OR a 4 Runner (don't want to drop the cash on a full size Land Cruiser).

I've never much cared about sporty or speedy.  They're fun, but I need something that will do the outdoors, preferably with a comfortable highway ride.

One vehicle....I'm practical.  It's gotta be reliable, comfortable, be able to haul some shit from Home Depot, pull a small trailer, get good mileage, and be a good road trip vehicle.  Unfortunately that makes it a Honda Pilot or similar vehicle.  

15 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I'd just supercharge my TRDP 4Runner, only complaint is more power for the road (it's got plenty for everything else).  Will look to trade in when they upgrade the engine and replace the 5 speed auto

so like in 20yrs?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Loco said:

Need to get yourself a captain's hat for that Land Yacht...  Nice for road trips but 90% of the driving I do is in the city...

I already drive a lifted Tundra with aftermarket bumpers. Moving to a Land Cruiser would be downsizing for me, but still with the ability to tow my boat while being swaddled in luxury. 

I was just talking to a buddy today about this, and came to the conclusion my F150 platinum is about perfect.    No other car on the road makes me wish i had it for a daily driver.  Even my BIL's Raptor is too wide and not as comfortable a ride.

edit:  maybe the limited, which is basically a Platinum with the Raptor engine.  

Edited by Mr. Drummond

7 hours ago, Loco said:

My wife’s RR Sport with the diesel would check most of the boxes as long as I only had to keep it through the warranty. Tows well, gets 26-28 on the highway, is extremely comfortable on long haul rides (make 14 hour trips to the beach regularly), but I’m worried it will fall off the cliff when the warranty is up in the next couple of weeks so it’s getting traded. It has been perfect through the first 49k miles though. Think we’re going to try an Expedition or Q8 now.

Edited by Brew

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

-1x-1.jpg

Careful what you wish for.  I owned one for three years.  The monthly repair bill was like having a car payment.  13 mpg on the highway when brand new and a 15 gallon tank does not make for a good road trip vehicle either.  All that said, they're cool looking as hell and are beasts in 4WD-L.

I’m pretty damn happy with my Raptor. Only concerns would be if I had lots of city use or parking garages. I currently use my ‘04 Jeep if I expect tight quarters. 

Before the Raptor my low back would start knotting up about 3 hours into a trip, I went 6 hours in it with no pain. 

Edited by Archer