The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann (Netflix)

Neonmoon

9 hours ago, Nivek said:

Elaborate some on the Portuguese cops and show please

I will spoiler because I don't know who's finished the show

Spoiler

Goncalo Amaral, the lead detective in the case, unbeknownst to the McCann's was an official suspect in another case. He was investigating another child disappearnce where he accused the parents of taking the child, and beat the mother during interrogation until she was black and blue all over. In the McCann case, like the former case, he accused the parents of killing their own kids. He didn't really have any evidence of it though. There was body & blood sniffing dogs that alerted to smells in their apartment and rental car. However, no evidence was found to corroborate the dogs findings. Furthermore, the rental car was rented 3 weeks after the kidnapping.  Amaral was eventually fired from the McCann's case for incompetence. Years later, after the McCann's were still looking for their child, and had been officially cleared as suspects, this fat piece of shit wrote a book about the investigation saying the McCann's did it, again, with no real evidence. So in conclusion, he fucked up the investigation, blamed the parents, then made money off his fuckup by perpetuating his theory that the parents killed their kid. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 1

Who the fuck leaves a three year old and one year old twins alone in an unlocked apartment, in a foreign country?  "Oh, we were checking on them every 30 minutes and we could almost see the apartment from the restaurant."

I feel badly for them, but even in the 1970's, my parents wouldn't have done that, and they were pretty damned lax. 

Who the fuck leaves a three year old and one year old twins alone in an unlocked apartment, in a foreign country?  "Oh, we were checking on them every 30 minutes and we could almost see the apartment from the restaurant."
I feel badly for them, but even in the 1970's, my parents wouldn't have done that, and they were pretty damned lax. 

My parents did that to me in the 70’s and I turned out....oh

9 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Specifically, the head of the investigation is a piece of shit. Also, hiding sexual predators in the area due to tourism is really fucking shitty. Oh yeah, and the press was just as bad as the cops. Seriously, you need to watch it.

Sounds exactly like the Italian pieces of shit involved in the Meredith Kercher case (Amanda Knox).  Fuckin Eurotrash, man.

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Sounds exactly like the Italian pieces of shit involved in the Meredith Kercher case (Amanda Knox).  Fuckin Eurotrash, man.

You're not far off. 

Spoiler

I would describe the detective as the stereotypical 1970s small town cop who ran the town like his own fiefdom. Except it was 2007 and he was in charge of a child abduction case with the entire world watching. It did not go well. You know, because making shit up doesn't work when people have the resources to contest your version of the story. Who knows how many people he railroaded in his career

I’m only in for I’m the first episode and a quarter or less of the second but I’m calling it as one of the guys that works at the resort especially the sailing boats they went on.  Wtf has not everyone at work at the time they were at the resort been called in yet?    

I haven't seen it yet but did live in the UK from 2005-2011 so saw plenty of the coverage on this over the years.  It was truly a tragic story, and while the parents were certainly careless to not to pay the 50 quid it would have cost for a sitter, they also received such a negative (and unfair) backlash from many who presumed they were the guilty party.  I have heard that the parents and the other Tapas Seven declined to participate and so the documentary complete ignores their view of things (much of which is public).

• Fuck You 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/inga-gehricke-madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-brueckner-investigated-girl-missing-germany-disappearance-2876314

For those who don’t have a subscription 

That is huge. Glad he’s already locked up. But doesn’t bode well for her being alive