ITC terminal fire

FartingMonk

2 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Work in one almost every day.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I figured you might be in that line of work living out there in MB.  I hotshot so I’m in and out of those places almost every day as well. 

Edited by Lat22

Yeah.  That thing erupted just as I was going in.  The plant bought us steaks and a bunch of supplies. Just in case the wind shifts.  The EOC just called us and said almost no progress is being made.  Said expect the shit to ignite against n for the next few days.  The Flashpoint for most of those things is about 86 degrees so as soon as that foam gets lost its boom again.  

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:
Paxton apparently just filed an enforcement suit against the owner.

Laughable. Look at the AG’s enforcement record statewide. If you are asking “what record?”, you’re asking the right question.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Yeah except this particular dumb squirrel probably sticks the nut in his ass instead of his cheek. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah except this particular dumb squirrel probably sticks the nut in his ass instead of his cheek. 

13 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I do not disagree.

DEER PARK, Texas - Multiple chemicals from ITC Deer Park leaked into the Houston Ship Channel after a dyke wall collapsed Friday, the Capt. Kevin Oditt with the U.S. Coast Guard said Saturday. The ship channel was closed as a result.

What’s his job when he isn’t being incidint commander?

Not sure how it works there, but in my experience the IC was the shift superintendent if the plant manager or deputy plant manager were not on site. When the shift superintendent left the control room, the IC role fell to the control room supervisor.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/verify-yes-submitting-a-claim-to-itc-waives-your-right-to-sue-them-later/507-cdaee828-7887-4aec-975c-f98bc8858a67

Following the Intercontinental Terminals Company (ITC) chemical fire in Deer Park, Texas, the company directed those affected to file a claim through a website they set up.

However, some have warned against it, claiming that doing so will waive your right to sue the company in the future.

• 2 weeks later...