How Fox News works

retread

I’m not a regular cnn viewer but I’ve seen these women on before or stories about it. I thought the point of this continued series was to bring the same women back to see if their opinions change or remain the same.  

Now if they’re saying it’s random or these women had never been on before, that seems misleading. 

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

There's a large percentage of the US who have no problems being racist shitheads. Trump freed them for their hiding and Fox is both validating and adding fuel to the hatred.  This is what Germany in the 1930-1940s must have felt like. 

Fox is leading it more than Trump. He follows them. He gets all his information and feedback  from them and they’re the only people he’s really trying to please. 

Is this a good place to say Fuck CNN?

I don't watch cable news, but cannot believe how unwatchable their evening news shows are.

Does any mainstream television media source have any respect for its viewers?  Any desire to challenge them by actually not allowing (let alone requiring) dolts and dotards to sit on every interminable goddamn panel discussion?

38 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I don't watch cable news, but cannot believe how unwatchable their evening news shows are.

Does any mainstream television media source have any respect for its viewers?  Any desire to challenge them by actually not allowing (let alone requiring) dolts and dotards to sit on every interminable goddamn panel discussion?

I usually catch one show a day.  I don't mind the Dotard contingency as much as how CNN anchors have no fucking idea how to question them.  All they end up doing is legitimizing the views.  It's like they're scared to offend them. 

Six months from now on CNN: "Today, President Trump referred to immigrants from Mexico as 'fucking dirty wetback spic trash'. Question for the panel: Could this potentially be interpreted as a racial statement, and how badly will this hurt the democrats?". 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Cable news as a whole is garbage.  It's a race to the bottom to parrot shit that the audience wants to hear, over and over.

The only cable news I ever watch is when I travel -- in the hotel room, I turn on CNN Headline news in the morning, to 1) hear the top stories of the day and any travelling weather issues, and 2), because....

10bb71eb686c49d5afd9f2b9eaf8b9f0.jpg

Seriously.  If you want actual news, read it.  On a non-cable news website.

29 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

What are the solutions?

Call their bullshit out.  Call the people that fund them out. Remove those in office that have weaponized Fox News against our values and vulnerable populations.  Make them all a pariah while demanding better for the health of our society. 

46 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

It is fairly well documented that Fox News is propaganda for the GOP and trump.

What are the solutions?

Expanding the fairness doctoring to include cable news?

Targeted boycotts against advertisers?

Violence?

Here's where you get the bad news -- there are no solutions.

To not respond in kind means Fox News wins, and the Republic is destroyed (an autocratic kleptocracy is much easier for their masters to control and suck money out of).

To respond in kind might counter Fox News....but it means that Fox News wins, and the Republic is destroyed because the only currency that has any value is lies.

The goal is to end the Republic. Fox has already won.

18 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

They are called out all day long, every day, by normal folks on social media. It doesn't matter to anyone. "Calling them out" does nothing at all.

This is false.  The fate of Alex Jones is a good example of what can happen when society comes together, deplatforms, and rejects such a harmful bad actor in the media.

It isn’t easy. It takes time. It takes a sustained effort but the worst thing you can do is give up and let them go on causing harm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Six months from now on CNN: "Today, President Trump referred to immigrants from Mexico as 'fucking dirty wetback spic trash'. Question for the panel: Could this potentially be interpreted as a racial statement, and how badly will this hurt the democrats?". 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

No. They only respect money, understandably. They get money by getting eyeballs. They get eyeballs by throwing red meat to their viewers, like the scientists feeding cocaine to the hamsters. What did those scientists find out about cocaine? The hamsters couldn't get enough, they'd consume it until they died. CNN/MSNBC/FOX have run the same experiment and discovered the same results.  Viewers don't want boring news about stuff that actually affects their lives and the lives of others, they want those endorphins that are released when their team scores a touchdown. They want that red/blue team victory. TRUMP TWEETED SOMETHING TERRIBLE, HE'S BAD. A PROFESSOR IN VERMONT SAYS GUNS SHOULD BE ILLIGAL. BLA BLAH. Politics in our country has turned into a full fledged bloodsport and our "news" stations are akin to the Longhorn and SEC Networks. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

No. They only respect money, understandably. They get money by getting eyeballs. They get eyeballs by throwing red meat to their viewers, like the scientists feeding cocaine to the hamsters. What did those scientists find out about cocaine? The hamsters couldn't get enough, they'd consume it until they died. CNN/MSNBC/FOX have run the same experiment and discovered the same results.  Viewers don't want boring news about stuff that actually affects their lives and the lives of others, they want those endorphins that are released when their team scores a touchdown. They want that red/blue team victory. TRUMP TWEETED SOMETHING TERRIBLE, HE'S BAD. A PROFESSOR IN VERMONT SAYS GUNS SHOULD BE ILLIGAL. BLA BLAH. Politics in our country has turned into a full fledged bloodsport and our "news" stations are akin to the Longhorn and SEC Networks. 

This is very true.  However, you should have the caveat that only one actually completely makes shit up to feed its base.  The others at least start with facts and then just beat them to death with opinions.

4 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

It is fairly well documented that Fox News is propaganda for the GOP and trump.

What are the solutions?

Expanding the fairness doctoring to include cable news?

Targeted boycotts against advertisers?

Violence?

i choose violence GIF

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is very true.  However, you should have the caveat that only one actually completely makes shit up to feed its base.  The others at least start with facts and then just beat them to death with opinions.

Of course. Fox is the LHN circa 2016. Lots of talk about how good we are in practice, no talk about losing to Kansas. 

15 hours ago, crash_davis said:

There's a large percentage of the US who have no problems being racist shitheads. Trump freed them for their hiding and Fox is both validating and adding fuel to the hatred.  This is what Germany in the 1930-1940s must have felt like. 

Hitler actually had the ball to go after. his enemies and have them imprisoned and/or killed.

Trump would rather Hillary and Co. not go to jail, so that he's got something to whine about on twitter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hitler actually had the ball to go after. his enemies and have them imprisoned and/or killed.

Trump would rather Hillary and Co. not go to jail, so that he's got something to whine about on twitter.

Trump isn’t quite a Hitler, because Hitler actually served his country in the military.  However, Trump is arguably laying a better foundation for a real Hitler-type to come along. 

My odds on favorite right now for potential warmongering genocidal maniac is Tom Cotton.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Laura’s basis of her opinion are the everyday people that come up to her around the country.  First I doubt she spends much time with the everyday people when she rarely ventures out of her studio. Second, the only people that would come up to her agree with her. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They look like they all just took a bite of a lemon. You know that you couldn’t spend two minutes talking to one of them before they would bring up illegal aliens and how they’re ruining America.

And don't forget the Muslims.

Laura Ingraham lives in the same echo chamber as the 40%+ that voted for DOTUS. Totally brainwashed.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hahaha holy fucking shit, what??

There must be a contest for "who can post the stupidest thing ever on Twitter."  Diamond and Silk moved on to the next round with this one, and that is STRONG work....but I've looked around Twitter....they're facing some stiff competition.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:00 PM, Brisketexan said:

Here's where you get the bad news -- there are no solutions.

To not respond in kind means Fox News wins, and the Republic is destroyed (an autocratic kleptocracy is much easier for their masters to control and suck money out of).

To respond in kind might counter Fox News....but it means that Fox News wins, and the Republic is destroyed because the only currency that has any value is lies.

The goal is to end the Republic. Fox has already won.

Carriers like directv could tell Fox News they’ll pay them .01 cent per subscriber. Fox News says we’re worth way more than that. Directv -  shrugs 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Carriers like directv could tell Fox News they’ll pay them .01 cent per subscriber. Fox News says we’re worth way more than that. Directv -  shrugs 

Directv loses subscribers.  Because the biggest block of folks who still love their cable etc. is olds.  Drop Fox, and they'll drop Directv.  They can't afford to lose subscribers -- they're already dying as it is.

4 hours ago, retread said:

1.2 Million followers

I would bet many more than 5 tickets remain for an event.  You wouldn’t waste time on a tweet if you’re practically sold out. This comes across like a desperate marketing attempt to create demand by advertising low supply. Hopefully we will get some pics of the large crowd. My guess is that we see them “packed” into a very small hotel conference room.

still good for them if diamond and silk have discovered rubes that will pay to hear them talk and take photos together.

• Like 1