How Fox News works

retread

55 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The real story here isn't some no name conservative fruit cake going full on foil hat and babbling on about the small thoughts rattling about in his head.  It's the continued descent and pathetic full on Trumpism of Maria Bartiromo.  In some ways, Maria reflects the choice and transformation of educated mainstream 90's and aughts Republicans.  

She's Italian, what did you honestly expect?

Seriously, I have a feeling she likes the paychecks.  She doesn't strike me as being nearly the Trumpist that Lou Dobbs is (just witness his attacks on Vindman).  

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It was only a matter of time until this got to the stupidity excuse. I’m actually surprised they’ve been able to avoid it for 3 years. 

Before now, because a lot of this stuff was behind closed doors, Trump and Friends could try and control the narrative with Trump's base.  They weren't faced with everything hitting the public airwaves.  Now it's going to be hard to defend Trump on a lot of the finer points of what comes out, so right now you start laying out the case for Trump's base (Tucker's viewers) that Trump is an outsider who didn't know what he was doing.

I don't think it is a coincidence that it was Brit Hume saying this, and I don't think it's a coincidence that he said it on Tucker's show.

I don't expect Hannity to come out and say "Hey, President Trump just didn't know what he was doing", but I won't be surprised if either they turn on Rudy and blame him, and/or go with the "President Trump was misled by a lot of people with agendas, he got some bad advice, and he didn't mean to do this or that".

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Before now, because a lot of this stuff was behind closed doors, Trump and Friends could try and control the narrative with Trump's base.  They weren't faced with everything hitting the public airwaves.  Now it's going to be hard to defend Trump on a lot of the finer points of what comes out, so right now you start laying out the case for Trump's base (Tucker's viewers) that Trump is an outsider who didn't know what he was doing.

I don't think it is a coincidence that it was Brit Hume saying this, and I don't think it's a coincidence that he said it on Tucker's show.

I don't expect Hannity to come out and say "Hey, President Trump just didn't know what he was doing", but I won't be surprised if either they turn on Rudy and blame him, and/or go with the "President Trump was misled by a lot of people with agendas, he got some bad advice, and he didn't mean to do this or that".

Enron 2: Smartest Guys In The Room/Genius Best Brains to He Just Signs What The Lawyers Tell Him To/He's An Inexperienced Outsider Boogaloo

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

To show you how few people watch cable news, both the Today show and GMA each have 3.8M viewers and CBS is around 3.5M.  That’s collectively five times Fox and Friends.

Also with Fox, it’s the same people watching literally all day and they’re old.  

There’s a reason cable TV is so cheap to advertise on.

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

To show you how few people watch cable news, both the Today show and GMA each have 3.8M viewers and CBS is around 3.5M.  That’s collectively five times Fox and Friends.

Also with Fox, it’s the same people watching literally all day and they’re old.  

There’s a reason cable TV is so cheap to advertise on.

Not only that, but the majority demo is literally the least desirable amongst advertisers.  As we've discussed in the past, it's not specific to Fox, although they're the oldest. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not only that, but the majority demo is literally the least desirable amongst advertisers.  As we've discussed in the past, it's not specific to Fox, although they're the oldest. 

It really is a terrible demo.  You notice the Fox and Friends audience peaks at 9 a.m.  That tells you they have no jobs (retired) and sit around and watch Fox all day.  The network morning shows peak at 7 a.m. due to those viewers getting ready for work.  They drastically adjust their content the later in the morning you go because they know they people watching at 9 a.m. are completely different.  (It's one of the many reasons the Megyn Kelly show failed.  She was trying to bring hard news to people at home at 10 in the morning.  Those people would rather watch Judge Judy.)

It goes without saying that people who have never been in the military should not get to question the patriotism of combat decorated, purple-heart winning soldiers, but that's where we are as a country:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/lawmakers-both-sides-decry-attacks-lt-col-vindman-shameful-despicable-n1073381

2 things. People don’t win the Purple Heart.

I question the patriotism of General Flynn and believe there is evidence to support my position. Serving in the military does not mean one is above question especially when compared to actions which demonstrate other motivations.

I do not believe Dan Crenshaw is a patriot. He may have been a badass soldier, but his support of a political party that seeks to weaken the US both domestically and abroad, indicates to me that he doesn’t understand or give a shit about the Constitution of these United States, nor does he give a shit about upholding it.
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

When a boomer Okay Boomers their millennial son.

Jesse’s mom has got it going on.

Funny regardless, but I think I speak on behalf of all millenials when I say please don't lump that dork in with us.  He was born in the 70's.  At best he's one of the younger Gen X'ers.

Edited by Tom

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/book-cia-staff-obama-white-house

The idiocy of that article is too much. First all, the whole article, still up mind you, is premised on the Obama administration having political correctness meetings, which they now say in a blurb at the top and in the article, the author of the book thought PC meant political correctness rather than principles committee. The article continues, based solely on "white house sources" a trustworthy group if there has ever been one, that the CIA likes Trump better because Obama required the top brass at the CIA to meet with him and his team at the White House every two weeks. So according to the article, the CIA likes Trump better because Trump doesn't bother meeting with CIA. I mean why would the President of the United States ever need to meet with the CIA? Mind numbing stupidity being fed to a bunch of grumpy old white people.