How Fox News works

retread

IZTVanK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
2 miles of private beach and this slap dick sits next to me. Line of Americans coming up to fluff their hero. Yuck. 
Fyi - My wife is livid I'm on my phone and stressing on whether to do my patriotic duty to give him a 'rum punch'.

Get some of that “tea” the sell there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

spacer.png

2 miles of private beach and this slap dick sits next to me. Line of Americans coming up to fluff their hero. Yuck. 

Fyi - My wife is livid I'm on my phone and stressing on whether to do my patriotic duty to give him a 'rum punch'.

For Pete's sake Smokey, you undoubtedly give off the vibe that you're a normal person and not a Trump worshiper so he probably sat next to you so he could enjoy his vacation. Now you grab your sweet wife and try and enjoy your time together before you must return to American Armageddon.

So they are here for some wedding so I'm surrounded by his family and friends. 

Tucker left the beach and I'm enjoying the drinks and food and snorkelling and all that on this paradise of an island.

My wife said that if I can strike up a conversation and be civil, she blesses it. So that's a mission of mine. Also, I told my parents of the situation (babysitting my son ), and they want me to give him hell. I think I can juggle surly updates, Tucker hate, and Jamaica heaven all at once. 

Still trying to get a 'tea' hookup though. 😩 I needs me spinach. 

Current situation:spacer.png

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 1

So they are here for some wedding so I'm surrounded by his family and friends. 
Tucker left the beach and I'm enjoying the drinks and food and snorkelling and all that on this paradise of an island.
My wife said that if I can strike up a conversation and be civil, she blesses it. So that's a mission of mine. Also, I told my parents of the situation (babysitting my son ), and they want me to give him hell. I think I can juggle surly updates, Tucker hate, and Jamaica heaven all at once. 
Still trying to get a 'tea' hookup though. I needs me spinach. 
Current situation:ojoelj8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Well, if you were in Negril tea would be easy. Not sure about Montego Bay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Pretend to be Russian and thank him for all the times he’s promoted Russia’s interests over America’s.

And record it. Get him to say even more horrible things than usual. Post on social media. PROFIT.

I think this is the right way to go.  I would just go up to him and say that you heard what he said about Preferring Russia over Ukraine and that you agree with him and appreciate him stating the TRUTH.  Then let him talk and record.  Then when he goes on the air and says he was just joking, post your recording.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Is that true? If so hilarious. 

In 2012, Carlson and his brother, Buckley, filed a lawsuit to determine succession of his estranged mother's –– Lisa Vaughn –– right to oil and gas royalties in B&N Minerals Partnership, in which she received royalties to nearly 70,000 acres of land in Kern, Merced & Fresno counties in California, initially valued at over $125,000. In 2015, after several appeals, the value of the rights was found to be over $2.5 million. However, in a one-page handwritten will produced during the proceedings, Vaughn explicitly expressed that she did not want Carlson or his brother to receive any inheritance from her:

"I leave all of my earthly goods and possessions to my husband, Michael Erroll Vaughan. This includes but is not limited to; all of my shares of our jointly owned real estate, personal property, common stock, mutual fund shares, bank accounts, silver, paintings, jewelry and vehicles. I leave my sons Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson and Buckley Swanson Peck Carlson one dollar each; $1.00 each."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_Carlson?wprov=sfla1

In fairness, she doesn't come off great herself (left the family when he was a kid, which might explain why he's such a cunt himself).

Surprised Bombshell hasn't been mentioned in this thread.  Though it dealt mainly with sexual harassment, it also gave some pretty decent insight into how Fox went about its business of misleading the public and how tight Trump was to them.  A good movie with a lot of good performances. 

Spoiler

To me the biggest point was that powerful men like ailes and o'reilly toyed with peoples' lives with some sort of twisted moral justification.  To think these two men carried so much water for the conservative side is very telling.   All said and done, the numerous victims were compensated 50 million between them all, while ailes and o'reilly were compensated 65 million to walk away.  That's just fucked up. 

On 12/27/2019 at 7:19 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Explain.

I mean, ultimately, what's changed? Okay, Ailes is dead and O'Reilly is gone, but has Fox really improved any? No, if anything, it is arguably worse now than it was during the time frame of the movie. It was an exercise in preaching to the choir.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I mean, ultimately, what's changed? Okay, Ailes is dead and O'Reilly is gone, but has Fox really improved any? No, if anything, it is arguably worse now than it was during the time frame of the movie. It was an exercise in preaching to the choir.

Isn’t the movie about sexual harassment? Are you saying sexual harassment is worse at Fox News now that Ailes and OReilly are gone?

Isn’t the movie about sexual harassment? Are you saying sexual harassment is worse at Fox News now that Ailes and OReilly are gone?

The sexual harassment story, imo, was a way for them to make a movie about how awful Fox is while trying to remain apolitical about them. I don't believe it worked; I don't believe this was a story that needed a movie; I doubt the situation for women at Fox is much better.