How Fox News works

retread

This could be interesting... 

A little-known Washington nonprofit has filed a lawsuit against Fox News in King County Superior Court, claiming the news station, its parent companies and owners violated the state’s Consumer Protection Act and acted in bad faith by disseminating false information about the novel coronavirus through its television news broadcasts and minimized the danger posed by the virus as COVID-19 began to explode into a pandemic.

The suit, filed on behalf of the Washington League for Increased Transparency and Ethics (WASHLITE), alleges Fox News engaged in unfair or deceptive acts by representing the coronavirus as a hoax in broadcasts that aired in February and March. Those broadcasts caused viewers to fail to adequately protect themselves or mitigate the virus’ spread, and therefore contributed to the public-health crisis and preventable mass death, the lawsuit says

Edited by NWBuck
  • Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

has anyone verified or confirmed that Rush really has cancer?

Good question. Even the Guardian reported it, and after his announcement, people all over the world, or the internet anyway, were questioning whether it was true. I have yet to find any evidence one way or another.

#FoxNewsLiedPeopleDied is trending at number 3 on Twitter right now.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Fox News and rush Limbaugh should be Immediately taken off the air. I’m serious. The first amendment doesn’t allow you to shout fire in a crowded theater. 

I don’t think this is anything like shouting fire in a crowded theater.

This is telling everyone in a theater that’s on fire that nothing is wrong. The smoke you smell is a liberal hoax perpetrated to make you leave the theater and miss Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector.

• Like 2

I don’t think this is anything like shouting fire in a crowded theater.
This is telling everyone in a theater that’s on fire that nothing is wrong. The smoke you smell is a liberal hoax perpetrated to make you leave the theater and miss Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector.

This. BTW, it’s OK to yell fire if the theater actually is on fire. You can even pull the fire alarm.
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 10:21 PM, Bruh Man said:

You can see the moment that the producer starts yelling in her ear to cut the interview.

Someone got fired for that.  "Who let this Motherfucker on?!  Did you actually look at who you were putting on?!"

so, @EMAWesome on the covid thread made the claim that democrats called trump's travel ban racist. with a short bit of research, i found this fox article which does the most fox thing ever:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-media-change-tune-trump-attacks-coronavirus-china-travel-ban

Within hours of President Trump's decision to restrict travel from China on Jan. 31, top Democrats and media figures immediately derided the move as unnecessary and xenophobic -- and they are now beating a hasty retreat from that position as the coronavirus continues to ravage the economy and cause scores of deaths.

Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering" after the travel restrictions were announced, and arguing that Trump "is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency." Biden, on Wednesday, didn't criticize the travel ban in any way, and instead accused Trump of "downplaying" the virus early on in remarks to Fox News.

so, notice the link they have embedded. following this link takes you to this tweet by biden:

which attacks trump of being hysterical, xenophobic, and using fear as a political tool. all of that is accurate, and did not actually tie these adjectives to trump's china travel ban. 

in fact, the article uses trump to do just that.

"I had Biden calling me xenophobic," Trump told Fox News' "Hannity" on March 26. "He called me a racist, because of the fact that he felt it was a racist thing to stop people from China coming in."

well, he never actually said racist in the linked tweet, but trump says it so trump supporters believe that and suddenly you have a narrative that has propagated through right wing echo chambers. and they all use the almost exact same terminology in outlining this narrative. it's uncanny.

i can't figure if trump drives the narrative with his rhetoric or if fox is playing him. i'm starting to believe the latter, whereas before i thought the former.

• Like 7

I interrupt this Fox crap to pass along this important real news:

Honor Blackman, an English actress best known for her roles as Cathy Gale in "The Avengers" and Bond girl Pussy Galore in "Goldfinger," died of "natural causes" unrelated to coronavirus at her home in Lewes, Sussex, her family announced in a statement to NBC News Monday. She was 94 years old.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

They have their marching orders:

I had a college roommate who had terrible grades and (somehow) even worse study habits.

We finally had a class together, and I convinced him to study with me for our first exam... I let him use my copious notes and note cards and quizzed him (not reciprocated, but it helped me remember)... all the things you do when you are studying for a test.

I got an A (97), he got a B+ (90). His response.... "Shit, I don't know why I wasted so much time studying... that test was easy as hell."

The talking points above remind me that he's living in Ohio somewheres watching Fox News. "See... lookit that! The REAL numbers are lower than the projections. I knew we shouldn't have had to do all that social distancing and stay at home bullshit."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NWBuck said:

I had a college roommate who had terrible grades and (somehow) even worse study habits.

We finally had a class together, and I convinced him to study with me for our first exam... I let him use my copious notes and note cards and quizzed him (not reciprocated, but it helped me remember)... all the things you do when you are studying for a test.

I got an A (97), he got a B+ (90). His response.... "Shit, I don't know why I wasted so much time studying... that test was easy as hell."

The talking points above remind me that he's living in Ohio somewheres watching Fox News. "See... lookit that! The REAL numbers are lower than the projections. I knew we shouldn't have had to do all that social distancing and stay at home bullshit."

I knew these morons were going to do this exact thing. Called it weeks ago. I can't even imagine being that ignorant, and I'm thankful for that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Nobody voted for fucking Jared or Ivanka either you you orange taint licking twat.

So what she's saying is these doctors and epidemiologists reached their station by merit and objective qualifications instead of a rich man's popularity contest...but we should ignore them in favor of the popularity contest winners? On matters involving medicine and epidemiology?? 

Makes total sense. Thanks Faux News. 

• Like 1

An attorney criticizing the CDC director saying he was "trashing" HCQ despite "all" the success stories? For whom will she be pursuing a lawsuit? How many stories exactly and factually?

I'm a little surprised she is going after Robert Redfield as he was appointed by Trump (at a very high salary) and is controversial due to his *HIV program when he was at Walter Reed, his collaboration with **W. Shepard Smith, and his views on homosexuals. Most viewers probably won't know much about him though.

*As an Army major at Walter Reed Medical Institute, he designed policies for controlling the disease within the US military that involved placing infected personnel in quarantine and investigating their pasts to identify and track possible sexual partners. Soldiers were routinely discharged and left to die, often alone and jobless.

**Ran a Christian organization, Americans for a Sound AIDS/HIV Policy, or ASAP. The group maintained that AIDS was "God's judgment" against homosexuals, spread in an America weakened by single-parent households and loss of family values.

1 hour ago, Mapache said:

Lou Dobbs has a lot of gall to criticize anyone else's fashion choices walking around like the Cryptkeeper with type II diabetes and that bad paint job on his hair.

I also enjoyed how the second to last clip includes two men in tan suits to discuss Obama's poor choice of wearing a tan suit.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, Jive Turkey said:

Seems like a political talk show host should be fired for being this damn dumb and not knowing that the CDC is a real government agency. But just maybe, FOX isn't a real political talk show.  

• Like 1

How is fox still on the air?

Because it’s the official state network.

But no worries. It will meet the fate of all who hitch themselves to Trump. And, like with everyone else, he will eventually decide that they aren’t loyal enough, and he will discard them and choose someone who sucks up even harder - OANN.

That people still fail to realize that any relationship with Trump is a one-way street amazes me.