How Fox News works

retread

37 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

For a conspicuously patriotic network they sure do undermine unity in the United States. Every fucking hour of programming stokes resentment and fear.

Forget coronavirus, Fox is a plague. It infected the airwaves post-Fairness Doctrine and there's no herd immunity. When it's all told I wonder what the body count will be for Covid vs that of a propaganda tool that fomented war in Iraq and provided cover for Trump & Co.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 2

The Bush administration used Fox News as a propaganda tool to put ideas into the heads of people like Donald Trump. I don’t think Trump is using Fox News the way that the Bush administration did. Trump is just following the Fox News bullshit like any ordinary American.

For example, did anyone see Trial by Media about Rod Blagojevich on Netflix? At the end of the episode, Blago’s wife was so desperate to get her husband out of prison, she was willing to do anything she could to get her message to Trump. She specifically said she knows Trump watches Fox News, so she went on Fox News and did countless interviews about her husband until Trump decided to commute his sentence. It doesn’t get any clearer than that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

They did something Fox likes?  Their discretion and impartiality is impeccable and beyond approach.

They did something Fox doesn't like?  How is this miserable partisan hack allowed to even keep their job??!

reproach.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

When I was messing around on the JHU COVID dashboard earlier this week, there were counties in, I think it was GA but might have been FLA that had CFRs greater than 10%. Isn’t that like Sweden? I mean Georgia is woefully undertesting, but Hannity is a crappy person to look at what those hard hit states have been through and say screw you, when those urban centers have been supporting places like  Possumbutt, Kentucky for decades. 

This thread and Fox News pisses me off far more than Trump or anything else in 2020 America.  I've watched my parents, one of which is an English immigrant who had positive experiences growing up with the NHS, turn from moderate Republicans who despite their political affiliation supported universal healthcare in the 1980's and 1990's into fringe conspiracy theorist Trump supporters after 20+ years of a steady diet of daily Fox propaganda.  It's depressing.

Edited by Tom

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There's a type of truck driver who likes to brag about how much he works like it's a badge of honor. They almost all have a laundry list of medical problems, medical bills (so not better off financially, oftentimes worse), get divorced (never home), then die from a heart attack.

Work to live. Don't live to work. 24 hour shifts? This dumb dick is cheerleading serfdom.

Thumbs up to Doocey (however you spell it) for the Church Lady face.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tom said:

This thread and Fox News pisses me off far more than Trump or anything else in 2020 America.  I've watched my parents, one of which is an English immigrant who had positive experiences growing up with the NHS, turn from moderate Republicans who despite their political affiliation supported universal healthcare in the 1980's and 1990's into fringe conspiracy theorist Trump supporters after 20+ years of a steady diet of daily Fox propaganda.  It's depressing.

I’ve come to see Trump and Fox News as the same evil force.  However, Fox News is more malicious because it’s organized evil. 

22 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Ru Paul was a part of a prime time price as right show the other night where they raised a bunch of money for charity. Turns out it was PP. 

Oh gotcha. Being the big homo that I am, I just assumed the chyron was referring to Drag Race. 

I propose a supplement to Schooley's explanation: peak pandemic prior to the election will exacerbate the division between the SIP total lockdown/flip the switch-let er rip extremists and lead to serious fracturing of civil society. Perfect for martial law aided by a corrupt AG and Supreme Court and all bolstered by Fox News Corps daily war bulletins of enemies, invisible and otherwise.

It's wild to see people who base their entire world view off of a "news" network that is so clearly performance art.  It's so far off from any rational reality, but is an addiction for these people.  I'm just glad I don't have any friends or relatives (anymore) who are hooked on that weird drug.

18 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I don't know the name of the Fox anchor on the left but every clip I ever see of her is quickly trying to get out of the interview when the interviewee provides a common sense answer against Trump. 

(on an aside note, I first wrote the sentence above with "the GOP" as opposed to Trump. I switched it because I seriously don't think there is a dissenting voice of the GOP at the moment. I have no doubt there are dissenters but zero of them will speak out against Trump on anything.  The only infinitesimal vocal dissent is "I wouldn't have said it like that.")

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

There would have been impeachment hearings if Obama, Hillary, or Bill tweeted something like this out as president.  It's going to be important to not ever forget how fucking far the GOP not only tolerated, but openly cheered for and encouraged the absolute corruption of the executive branch. And it needs to be shoved back in their face with gusto at every opportunity once Trump is gone and they start complaining about saluting with coffee cups again.

It's going to be eye opening and entertaining after 4 years of Trump listening to what suddenly gets posters like Onboard, Johnny Sack, and the gang riled back up again about what's in poor taste for a president to do or say after Biden is elected. I look forward to their pearl clutching at whatever condiment is beneath a president.

• Like 7

I don't know the name of the Fox anchor on the left but every clip I ever see of her is quickly trying to get out of the interview when the interviewee provides a common sense answer against Trump. 
(on an aside note, I first wrote the sentence above with "the GOP" as opposed to Trump. I switched it because I seriously don't think there is a dissenting voice of the GOP at the moment. I have no doubt there are dissenters but zero of them will speak out against Trump on anything.  The only infinitesimal vocal dissent is "I wouldn't have said it like that.")

Dana Perino...former press sec for GWB.

and i’d fuck her to the point where she’d think my name is YesGodYesFuckYes...
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1