How Fox News works

retread

39 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump’s polling numbers with seniors must have caused a shift at Fox News. Now they want to protect grandma and grandpa instead of supporting freedom to not wear masks. 

Whoa whoa whoa. I don’t think so you human paraquat. You and your ilk told us we needed to sacrifice the olds. No backing down now. 

We are so completely fucked.

I'm actually rooting for India to become a true superpower to counterbalance China.  Because there's no fucking way we'll be able to, and we don't even deserve to anymore.  As sad as I am about the decline of this country, it's honestly what needs to happen for the good of the species going forward.  We had our time and we got fat, lazy, and stupid.  Really, really stupid.

I've made this analogy before, but if all the nations on earth were represented as kids in a high school cafeteria, we're the big jock who can beat everybody up but can't read.  The nerd table who will run the world in twenty years?  That's India, China, Japan, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.  And in twenty years we'll be just another former empire relegated to mid-major status, like Spain and Portugal.  And we really deserve it.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

We are so completely fucked.

I'm actually rooting for India to become a true superpower to counterbalance China.  Because there's no fucking way we'll be able to, and we don't even deserve to anymore.  As sad as I am about the decline of this country, it's honestly what needs to happen for the good of the species going forward.  We had our time and we got fat, lazy, and stupid.  Really, really stupid.

I've made this analogy before, but if all the nations on earth were represented as kids in a high school cafeteria, we're the big jock who can beat everybody up but can't read.  The nerd table who will run the world in twenty years?  That's India, China, Japan, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.  And in twenty years we'll be just another former empire relegated to mid-major status, like Spain and Portugal.  And we really deserve it.

There's a quick Netflix History 101 about the rise of China that I caught last night.  You are absolutely correct.  At least we got to grow up during some of the higher points.  Crazy that we probably won't even make it 100 years in the seat of power.

11 hours ago, TexArcher said:

No, we'll be fucking worse than any other former empire.  Because to go with your analogy, we're the washed up old fuck who is all loud talk about what a badass he is....but all of his stories are about shit that he did decades before.  

He hasn't done shit lately but drink a shitload of beer and barely hold down his job as assistant manager of his father in law's auto parts store.  But goddamn, he won't shut up about what an awesome badass he (used to be) is.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

No, we'll be fucking worse than any other former empire.  Because to go with your analogy, we're the washed up old fuck who is all loud talk about what a badass he is....but all of his stories are about shit that he did decades before.  

He hasn't done shit lately but drink a shitload of beer and barely hold down his job as assistant manager of his father in law's auto parts store.  But goddamn, he won't shut up about what an awesome badass he (used to be) is.

Right.  We're Al Bundy talking about that time he threw four touchdowns against Germany.

• Like 3

Man, some of y'all give India and China too much credit. Yes, they've got glitz in the cities and such but each of those countries has a billion or so people living in abject poverty. 

While it seems that leadership's goal in America is to bring that standard to our shores, we have a ways to go before people are shitting in the street are riding on the tops of speeding train cars or living 15 to a 400 sq-ft. apartment in some huge city nobody outside of China has ever heard of. 

37 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So I didn’t watch the clip. How exactly is protesting against the government an act of tyranny?  Is he just counting on his viewers not understanding anything more than “tyranny=bad” or am I missing something?

No, you got it.

Before I went to sleep last night I decided to surf the news channels.  First I hit CNN which was all about the MN Riots, then I switched to MSNBC which also was about the MN riots and race relations in this country.  For fun I switched to Fox News.  They were talking to some ministers about the persecution of their religious freedoms by the government for not letting them open up their churches to the public during a pandemic.  Fox did get around to the MN riots but their guest speakers kept talking about the “small businesses” that were burning and how it wasn’t fair to the small business people.   They are so transparent in the way they report stories yet sadly today I will get to hear from some people about how Republicans are for the small business man and the democrats are against them since they let the thugs burn their businesses down.  

in case you didn’t know the story, from Lara Logan’s wiki detailing the Egypt assault

She said the incident involved 200 to 300 men and lasted around 25 minutes. She had been reporting the celebrations for an hour without incident when her camera battery failed. One of the Egyptian CBS crew suggested they leave, telling her later he heard the crowd make inappropriate sexual comments about her. She felt hands touching her, and can be heard shouting "stop", just as the camera died. One of the crowd shouted that she was an Israeli, a Jew, a claim that CBS said, though false, was a "match to gasoline". She went on to say that they tore off her clothes and, in her words, raped her with their hands, while taking photographs with their cellphones. They began pulling her body in different directions, pulling her hair so hard she said it seemed they were trying to tear off chunks of her scalp. Believing she was dying, she was dragged along the square to where the crowd was stopped by a fence, alongside which a group of women were camping. One woman wearing a chador put her arms around Logan, and the others closed ranks around her, while some men who were with the women threw water at the crowd. A group of soldiers appeared, beat back the crowd with batons, and one of them threw Logan over his shoulder. She was flown back to the U.S. the next day, where she spent four days in the hospital.[24][25] She was contacted by President Obama when she arrived home.[27] CBS said it remained unclear who the attackers were, and unlikely that any will be prosecuted.[24][25]