How Fox News works

retread

OK, here we go. All to scare and create fear. It never ends with them. And their audience buys into it. 

Wait a minute....Republican governors like ours have regularly communicated with white militias concerned about things like Jade Helm, who have [checks notes] armed themselves and prepared to fight against uniformed government employees.

I thought that was all super cool and freedom patriot liberty America and stuff...did something change?
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

OK, here we go. All to scare and create fear. It never ends with them. And their audience buys into it. 

They buy into it because it gives cover to their hatred and racism.  They want to be "afraid" in order to make themselves ok with hate.

FoxNews.com had the headlines of Dissent in the Ranks, with a subtitle that there is disagreement between the military and Trump. The website definitely has a right leaning but I think they're more aligned with the news division and not the opinion division of FoxNews. 

Props to them to point out that many current and former military leaders are disagreeing with Trump. 

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

FoxNews.com had the headlines of Dissent in the Ranks, with a subtitle that there is disagreement between the military and Trump. The website definitely has a right leaning but I think they're more aligned with the news division and not the opinion division of FoxNews. 

They're also on the cutting edge of important breaking developments in "Housewives" stars Brandi Glanville/Denise Richards lesbian love affair, model Cara Delevingne's pansexuality and Emily Ratajkowski's partial nude quarantine photos.

14 minutes ago, smuggs said:

They're also on the cutting edge of important breaking developments in "Housewives" stars Brandi Glanville/Denise Richards lesbian love affair, model Cara Delevingne's pansexuality and Emily Ratajkowski's partial nude quarantine photos.

Fox News is a tabloid news station like most of Murdoch's empire. Whatever to sell one more paper or get you to view one more ad. journalism or integrity is down the list of priorities.

I mean...I’m just saying....that’s interesting.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I notice they didn’t include the week after jfk. Or McKinley. Or Garfield. Or Lincoln. Just curious. 

Just wait 'till you see the bounce after Trump is thrown out of office.

12 hours ago, HenryJames said:

8. Saying ‘aks’ instead of ‘ask.’

I’m an English Major, Yes, I know the history of the word. I know ax is a valid pronunciation of the old English word acsian. It was used by Chaucer. I get it. I’m not debating the validity of pronunciation the word. But it’s like the the whole jiff v giff pronunciation of the word gif. The whole world has decided to go with the “giff” pronunciation. And there’s still one guy saying jiff. I openly mock people who use jiff, even though they technically would be correct accordingly to the person who created the Graphic Interchange Format, but the whole world has accepted Giff as the pronunciation, so now you’re just being difficult. I want to be like, I’m sorry your team lost the pronunciation war. You went one way, and the whole world went the other way. It sucks. I know. But it’s time to move on. Let’s all get on the same page. Now the race aspect of it makes is troublesome. The black community have circled around this word to mean it’s a cultural thing at this point. Using Aks is a black cultural pronunciation. Which is true. Slaves learned the pronunciation from uneducated indentured servants. There is a reason they pronounce it that way. And it’s been passed down that way for a couple hundred years. But It’s just weird to me. One group wants to pronounce a word their own way, and are now using race to defend its pronunciation. I guess in the pronunciation wars, anything goes. But when the “aks” or “axe” pronunciation has another common meaning, a chopping tool, it just confuses everything. or am I being a racist piece of shit?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m an English Major, Yes, I know the history of the word. I know ax is a valid pronunciation of the old English word acsian. It was used by Chaucer. I get it. I’m not debating the validity of pronunciation the word. But it’s like the the whole jiff v giff pronunciation of the word gif. The whole world has decided to go with the “giff” pronunciation. And there’s still one guy saying jiff. I openly mock people who use jiff, even though they technically would be correct accordingly to the person who created the Graphic Interchange Format, but the whole world has accepted Giff as the pronunciation, so now you’re just being difficult. I want to be like, I’m sorry your team lost the pronunciation war. You went one way, and the whole world went the other way. It sucks. I know. But it’s time to move on. Let’s all get on the same page. Now the race aspect of it makes is troublesome. The black community have circled around this word to mean it’s a cultural thing at this point. Using Aks is a black cultural pronunciation. Which is true. Slaves learned the pronunciation from uneducated indentured servants. There is a reason they pronounce it that way. And it’s been passed down that way for a couple hundred years. But It’s just weird to me. One group wants to pronounce a word their own way, and are now using race to defend its pronunciation. I guess in the pronunciation wars, anything goes. But when the “aks” or “axe” pronunciation has another common meaning, a chopping tool, it just confuses everything. or am I being a racist piece of shit?

There are legions of people who pronounce gif correctly. If you want to sound like a moron and pronounce it incorrectly because you learned it wrong and would rather stay wrong than correct yourself, that's on you. 

So you say you mock people who pronounce gif correctly, and then are critical of people who pronounce ask incorrectly? I sense a little hypocrisy there. I've never heard anyone defend the aks pronunciation as some sort of cultural heritage. I've heard some athletes use that pronunciation and if they're going to go anywhere in broadcasting, they're going to need to correct it. (Same goes for southern accents.)

Mock away. You probably also shoot videos in portrait mode.  

I’m gonna be honest...if a movement made up mostly of skinny white dudes in hoodies can successfully “attack and dethrone God”....then he wasn’t really much of a god, was he?

“You see that guy over there in the robes, who reigned for all eternity....until he was confronted by a few hundred little white dudes with rocks, and driven from heaven in humiliating defeat? Yeah. I worship him.”
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There are legions of people who pronounce gif correctly. If you want to sound like a moron and pronounce it incorrectly because you learned it wrong and would rather stay wrong than correct yourself, that's on you. 

So you say you mock people who pronounce gif correctly, and then are critical of people who pronounce ask incorrectly? I sense a little hypocrisy there. I've never heard anyone defend the aks pronunciation as some sort of cultural heritage. I've heard some athletes use that pronunciation and if they're going to go anywhere in broadcasting, they're going to need to correct it. (Same goes for southern accents.)

Mock away. You probably also shoot videos in portrait mode.  

He said he mocks those who pronounce gif incorrectly. 

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

He said he mocks those who pronounce gif incorrectly.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No he didn't. Read it again. 

he said he mocks people who pronounce gif in the manner that the format's inventor pronounces it.  he then claims that makes it the technically correct pronunciation.  which is wrong.  it's not jraphics. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, elfenix said:

he said he mocks people who pronounce gif in the manner that the format's inventor pronounces it.  he then claims that makes it the technically correct pronunciation.  which is wrong.  it's not jraphics. 

"Jif" is the correct pronunciation. He mocks the people who pronounce it that way. Therefore he mocks the people who pronounce it correctly. Just because he knows more people who pronounce it incorrectly doesn't make the wrong pronunciation correct. Seems kind of weak-willed to pronounce it incorrectly just in order to conform with the uninformed in one's world, particularly for an English major. 

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

"Jif" is the correct pronunciation. He mocks the people who pronounce it that way. Therefore he mocks the people who pronounce it correctly. Just because he knows more people who pronounce it incorrectly doesn't make the wrong pronunciation correct. Seems kind of weak-willed to pronounce it incorrectly just in order to conform with the uninformed in one's world, particularly for an English major. 

jraphics.

• Like 2