How Fox News works

retread

"You know I don't want to get political, but this election is no longer about Donald Trump tweeting, no longer...."

Mr. Hanson of the Hoover Institution on the Stanford Campus is pretty much political, so given that the major tenets of the Hoover Institution are representative government, private enterprise, peace, personal freedom, and safeguards of the American system, how can he argue that with a straight face? Sit down Mr. Hanson, your "eff you I got mine" peace is being countered with someone else's personal freedom.

That crazy Karen has her finger on the trigger with the gun pointed in a direction she isn't looking. WTF?

Khaki Dockers guy looks to small for the rifle he is attempting to carry while trying to do a Rambo pose.

The range master at the gun range I go to would stroke out from seeing the complete lack of gun safety on display.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"Who are we?!"

"The Silent Majority!"

"And what do we do?!"

"Get our asses absolutely handed to us on every front!"

"And what do we like?!"

"Watching TV that constantly reminds us of that fact!"

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Fun background about this dude.

How he survived his last scandal is beyond me.

https://coed.com/2016/05/04/natalia-lima-ed-henry-mistress-gf-wife-updates-information-facts/

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/ed-henry-affair-mistress-100998/

Also funny:

His wife is named Shirley Hung.... but my guess is that she's surely not.

• Like 1

I have posted before about Fox News being a big part of the problem in this country but this morning I put on CNN to see the top story at 8am and it was about the huge spike of Covid cases in TX, FL, AZ and interviews with doctors from those areas stating the hospitals are getting filled up and they are slammed right now.  I switch to MSNBC and it is the same story but they are interviewing different doctors.  I decided to see what good old Fox News is reporting as the top story and it is all about the civil unrest in this country and how crime is up in the cities, "run by Democrats" and those cities are falling apart and even a baby was just murdered by these bad people.   If you watch Fox News you literally are living in a different reality.  I find it interesting as I would think anybody with any semblance of intelligence could see their broadcast and realize it is just political propaganda to scare its viewers into how bad the Democrats are and how their leadership is ruining the major cities and will soon ruin their small towns also.   It would be like if a hurricane was about to hit the gulf coast and all the stations are telling people to evacuate and Fox is sitting there telling people don't leave or Antifa will loot your home.  It is criminal and sad.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Of course they know that.  That is why they watch. 

Exactly.  Most of their viewers know EXACTLY what they are doing.  They want this alternate hate-filled reality.  It's a feature, not a bug.  It gives them an excuse to indulge their worst qualities, just like the president does.  These are not good people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Exactly.  Most of their viewers know EXACTLY what they are doing.  They want this alternate hate-filled reality.  It's a feature, not a bug.  It gives them an excuse to indulge their worst qualities, just like the president does.  These are not good people.

I am not sure I agree with this.  Yes there are a lot of people like this but I also think there are a lot of naïve people that watch Fox and believe it is the truth.  I have a guy a work with from Indiana.  Watches Fox all day long.  Real religious church kind of guy.  Doesn't drink, smoke or curse ever but nice guy.  He watches this stuff and believes the all the big cities are war zones now and it's all because of the D leadership letting it happen and groups like ANTIFA.  Maybe he is racist as I haven't had that conversation with him yet but I think there are people that watch this stuff and assume its real and think all the other channels are reporting it also in the same way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am not sure I agree with this.  Yes there are a lot of people like this but I also think there are a lot of naïve people that watch Fox and believe it is the truth.  I have a guy a work with from Indiana.  Watches Fox all day long.  Real religious church kind of guy.  Doesn't drink, smoke or curse ever but nice guy.  He watches this stuff and believes the all the big cities are war zones now and it's all because of the D leadership letting it happen and groups like ANTIFA.  Maybe he is racist as I haven't had that conversation with him yet but I think there are people that watch this stuff and assume its real and think all the other channels are reporting it also in the same way.

Oh, I'm sure that's true, hence why I said MOST.  That said, it doesn't really matter.  It's some combination of the two and both options are really sad.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Don’t remember where I saw it (AP, Reuters or Politico) where they are saying he may carry the mantle of Trumpism and make a run for office in 2024. 

We still have time to put him in an asylum in the next 3 years before he announces his candidacy. 

28 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Don’t remember where I saw it (AP, Reuters or Politico) where they are saying he may carry the mantle of Trumpism and make a run for office in 2024. 

We still have time to put him in an asylum in the next 3 years before he announces his candidacy. 

i think it just isn't workable with anyone but trump.  there were a lot of people that rolled the dice with trump not because he is a racist shitbag, but because they were left behind in the economy and they figured why not give this sooper jenius businessman a try to make us all rich.  if you take that part out, and just leave the racist shitbag, you lose a lot of votes, imo.

Anyone who swallows the rotten spunk Fox News spews without critical thought or real world experience with the “others” they demonize has at LEAST racist/homophobic/sexist tendencies.

It’s not complicated.
  • Like 1

So, "Judge" Janine posts a photo of herself wearing a mask.  Janine's cell phone is visible (on the table).  On the screen is a topless selfie that Chrissy Teigen posted.  Teigen tweets to the judge something like "why are you looking at my boobs?"

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Anyone who swallows the rotten spunk Fox News spews without critical thought or real world experience with the “others” they demonize has at LEAST racist/homophobic/sexist tendencies.

It’s not complicated.

Ignorant, bigoted, or stupid. Every Trump supporter fits at least one of the three. Usually more than one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

there are a lot of naïve people that watch Fox and believe it is the truth.  

Tens of millions.  

I don't know exactly the moment that Fox went from being the right-leaning network in the 90's to the modern American version of "Pravda" that routinely misrepresents photos (using those of bigger or smaller gatherings as it suits their narrative, editing Trump out of their Epstein pics) and pushes false and weaponized stories with Russian origins (Seth Rich).  

I actually watch it pretty often - though I'll admit I can only take it in 10-minute doses without my head exploding from the intellectual dishonesty.  One of the narratives I've noticed most in the past week or so is "mob."  Everyone they disagree with is a "mob."  BLM protestors are a lawless "mob."    

This morning they were discussing Trump's proposed Garden of Heroes and repeatedly warned their viewers not to give in to the "angry mob" that wants to tear down history and will never be satisfied.  

The other talking points I see repeated every few minutes this week are 1) Biden is addled, and 2) Biden is a tool of the "radical left," which is kind of hilarious (can you imagine how that must be going over with Warren, Yang, or Sanders?).  

All of the Fox talking points reinforce either A)  "Both sides!" (e.g. Trump slurs his words, but so does Biden), or B) your way of life is under threat from "the left."

It's a 24-hour cyanide pill for this democracy.

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

FAKE NEWS.  ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE.

Seriously, could they not find another picture of Epstein and Maxwell together. that didn't include Trump for them to have to photoshop out?  

"Then Melania Knauss" = now Melania Trump. 

I watched some Tucker Carlson tonight out of curiosity, holy shit, this guy is so intellectually dishonest. You could teach a course on logical fallacies and use him as an example. The part that bothers me the most is the disregard for nuance (rational thought) in favor of common sense which is simply willful ignorance.

He is also preaching a lot of fear. White people should be afraid to leave their homes. He keeps insinuating that black people are incapable of being in positions of leadership.

I could see how regular viewers of this show would end up with a very skewed view of the world.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 8:49 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

No, they think all the other channels are the libs purveying fake news. Only Fox will tell them the truth. I hear this shit from these morons all the time. 

• Like 1

Will government fix the Fox problem with a return to the Fairness Doctrine?   Doubtful.  Politics wont let that happen.  The solution is in the free market:

Fox News channel is valued around $10B. 

Bloomberg blew $1B on worthless four month campaign.  Bezos has had earned about $33B (thus far) during Covid with constant criticism by Trump (such that Trump is ready to privatize postal service to spite Bezos).  

America’s billionaire elite need to take one for the country.  Buy Fox and neuter the channel from the inside.  Compromise every member of on-air media with buy-outs and non-competes.  Take glee in slowly getting the olds to turn their opinion around with people shouting (Why don’t we have universal insurance when Germany does - we kicked their asses in the big one!). 

Simultaneously, put some cash into salting the earth on OAN or whatever is next.